• Create Account
Photo

DnD 4e Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 6 (DnD 4e Session 17)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

Another wonderfully huge and slightly slow fight using the "streamlined" 4e system ensues in this mammoth (ish) session :)

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 6

Filesize: 106MB

It surprised me that the party found this fight so easy but I guess they must be getting their act together :)

EPICS Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you think :)

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 kcheu

kcheu

Toad

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMagnolia, TX

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

sweet! :D

#3 Ecnal

Ecnal

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

Yeah more episodes
gimmie gimmie gimmie

#4 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

Thank you Hal. :D

#5 mikegodat

mikegodat

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOlympia Wa

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

First time to say anything but.......
YOU ROCK.....
I grovel at your feet in awe of your skills and humble gifts you dole out upon us. :pimp: <------thats Hal, the Pimp Daddy

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

Thank you mate :) You are more than welcome :P

Welcome to the boards and way to decloak ;)

Hal :hal:

#7 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

Thank you, sir.

#8 MadMac

MadMac

Raven

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

Yessss!

It surprised me that the party found this fight so easy but I guess they must be getting their act together

You almost got two of them for a little while there...but I have to say that Torren can be pretty scary when he's actually using his powers and not just reaping strike on everything in site. That Maul is going to be a big upgrade for him as well.

The Stormtroopers were kind of a letdown though. I find that Brute creatures don't do well unless they're higher level than the party. They just have too hard a time hitting anything otherwise.

#9 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

That fight had a PF* of at least 8. When the elf gets on a bad roll trend, everything goes to hell. Despite the fact that Calder is acting like a striker, our heroes just don't seem to be producing the Hurt like they used to. Or maybe we're just hearing the bigger and bigger fights and they're supposed to run this long. Since everything I know about 4ed I've learned from listening to podcasts I have no educated opinion, but I'd hardly characterize the party's experience in this session as "so easy". Except maybe for the speedy ending. :P

*=Pucker Factor

PS: Stendar the Betrayer has now caused enough collateral damage to party members while doing little enough to the enemy to earn him a nomination for this years coveted Bald Dwarf Award for Wizardry.

#10 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

Boy, it's a good thing they have a cleric with all those healing abilities or they'd be dead. No other class could have got them out of that fix as well as a cleric could have. Lindsay is a valuable and contributing member of that party when everything goes to hell and they end up fighting half a dungeon at once.

I've been in your shoes, Lindsay. Clerics are a touchy class, it seems, moreover because it can be a little frustrating to build one. Battle clerics need a weapon feat (or to stick it out to a paragon path) before they can wield anything decent and, being a halfling, your choices are even more limited. Holy-spell clerics need big wisdom scores and, frankly, always seem to miss anyways. I tried a bit of a balanced path, and I think you are as well, and I found it kinda tough. But that healing can't be argued with, so my advice is to stick with it (unless you've already had Bree leap into an endless pit and rerolled as a Barbarian). Your party needs you.

That doesn't mean you can't switch over to Bane, though. Evil clerics heal just as well as good ones. :wink:

As for the rest of you, you seem to be enjoying yourselves reasonably well so I won't get into a pep talk. I love listening to these sessions. Just remember that it wouldn't be polite for any more of you to die before Tengu finishes your character art. He does very detailed work, so it takes time.

#11 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

PS: Stendar the Betrayer has now caused enough collateral damage to party members while doing little enough to the enemy to earn him a nomination for this years coveted Bald Dwarf Award for Wizardry.

Stendar is the new Balazar :D

#12 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

Stendar is the new Balazar :D

I think he'll lose points since in the public releases he has yet to kill anyone.

#13 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:19 AM

I think he'll lose points since in the public releases he has yet to kill anyone.

True but he natters on longer :D

#14 tomlib

tomlib

Goblin

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

I agree with Telemergion about Clerics being a difficult class to enjoy. I've run Clerics in 3.x and found that I was essentially a healing battery although the ability to take other spells and substitute in Healing Spells in their wake was a nice addition to 3.5.

I think one of the ideas of 4th Edition was to make all the classes more fun to play by more broadly distributing their Powers. I don't have enough experience with 4th Edition to make any kind of intelligent discussion about it but that won't stop me! :D

Over my years of playing D&D I've found that Rogues are generally the most fun to play (I think Lindsay might agree) with brick Fighters a close second. I found magic users increasingly frustrating to play in 3.x because of the multiple attacks in a round at higher levels. One action and then wait for twenty minutes to come back around to me.

The speciality classes, Clerics, Bards, Druids, Monks, and the like all left me flat. D&D is such a combat game that they just never have enough to do.

Tom

#15 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

SPAM! :gtfo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge