• Create Account
Photo

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 4 (DnD 4e Session 15)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

Time for more DnD 4e fun :) The party reach the Horned Hold, struggle with a portcullis a little bit and kill some orcs and evil dwarves.

Thunderspire Labyrinth Session 4

Filesize: 81MB

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Let me know what you think :D

Cheers
Hal :hal:

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

Oh yes - and before I forget - the picture of Splug that we talk about in the first few minutes was done by Tengu :) And it is bloody brilliant :D

I will get a finished version up on here for you guys when I get one :D

#3 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

you got it hal, i will send it either tomorrow or the next day.. (if work doesn't get to crazy.. big project due)

:D

and you guys can call me Rick :)

#4 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hello Rick.

I can't wait to see how Goggle tries to screw everything up in this episode! Downloading as we speak!

#5 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:21 AM

Nice to meet you. :)

i have started working on Nyess, as well as Bre.. Splug is going to be finished tonight. (work always seems to get in the way. lol) i am interested to hear everyone's reaction to them..

i won't spoil anything for you.. but i have to say, i enjoy these sessions tremendously. :D

#6 thranduul

thranduul

Wizard20 / Archmage6

• Patrons
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan USA

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

i have started working on Nyess, as well as Bre.. Splug is going to be finished tonight. (work always seems to get in the way. lol) i am interested to hear everyone's reaction to them.

Blimey mate, you might be able to start a business on the side charging a fee to draw people's characters that send you a description. Seriously! I'd pay to have my character drawn up so I can put it on my form at the very least!

Then you'd be able to tell "work that gets in way" to sod off! :gtfo:

Think about it mate... Think about it.......... :pimp:

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

Wait until you see Splug :) Even half complete he looked bloody brilliant :D

#8 thranduul

thranduul

Wizard20 / Archmage6

• Patrons
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Wait until you see Splug :) Even half complete he looked bloody brilliant :D

Personally, I can't wait. Sounds great! I hope that the picture is NOT the bathtub "hung like a goblin" scene. I use other Internet sites for those kind of pictures! :wink:
:punish: :gimp:

#9 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

i have started working on Nyess, as well as Bre.. Splug is going to be finished tonight. (work always seems to get in the way. lol) i am interested to hear everyone's reaction to them.

Blimey mate, you might be able to start a business on the side charging a fee to draw people's characters that send you a description. Seriously! I'd pay to have my character drawn up so I can put it on my form at the very least!

Then you'd be able to tell "work that gets in way" to sod off! :gtfo:

Think about it mate... Think about it.......... :pimp:

now that would be the dream.. i have done a few things professionally, but i haven't gotten a strong foot hold as of yet.. only time will tell. but i have a feeling that kawasaki would have some problems with me up and quitting.. (being a lead designer and all. lol)

#10 thranduul

thranduul

Wizard20 / Archmage6

• Patrons
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

now that would be the dream.. i have done a few things professionally, but i haven't gotten a strong foot hold as of yet.. only time will tell. but i have a feeling that kawasaki would have some problems with me up and quitting.. (being a lead designer and all. lol)

Meh, now I know your in your twenties----you haven't been working professionally long enough to have learned that everyone is replaceable. Six months after you leave, they'll "update" the website and it will have a new look & feel based on the 'new guys' design.
:sew:

j/k

But seriously, all great career moves start with that first step. All you have to do is check out the map at the bottom of these pages to convince yourself of the diverse audience you have on these boards (being just one example). Ever go to GenCon in Indianapolis Indiana USA? They have gaming artists there all the time! Now I'm not saying quit your job tomorrow and expect to make a living, but you'll never be able to make a living doing what you love until you start doing it---i.e., build a network of clients and charge a fee for your services.

You could probably make a killing if you were to start applying your art skills using a computer medium--that way you could 'reuse' previous characters altering them slightly instead of starting from scratch. There is a great web comic artist I know of, Scott Kurtz of Player Vs. Player fame (http://www.pvponline.com) who wrote a book and has excerpts for artists who want to get started doing web comics and computer artwork. Here are some links to whet your appetite:
Main Comic: http://www.pvponline.com
Podcasts with some instructionals: http://halfpixel.tumblr.com/
Group Scott works with podcasts on 'the web art business': http://www.halfpixel.com/
Scott's "How to Make Web Comics" book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_topSome quotes to wrap things up:

"Do; or do not--there is no try." :yoda:

Think about it mate... Think about it.........:pimp:

Being from Detroit, let me close by quoting Henry Ford: "If you think you can do it, you're right. If you think you can't do it, you're also right."

I wish you the best of luck! Make the right call on this--the last thing you want is to look back on this 10 years from now and regret not at least trying for the dream. If not now, when???

#11 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

I haven't finished listening yet, however on the subject of moving into an invisible creature's square. I had to do some searching but I found the answer in the Errata on stealth and invisibility.

You have to combine 2 parts of the errata to get the whole picture though.

1st

If an invisible creature is hidden from you
(“Stealth,” page 188), you can neither hear nor see it, and you have to guess
what space it occupies. If an invisible creature is not hidden from you, you can
hear it or sense some other sign of its presence and therefore know what space
it occupies, although you still can’t see it.

This means if the creature isn't making a stealth check to actively hide, then everyone knows what square he's in. Therefore he must be making a stealth check to hide in addition to being invisible.

2nd

2nd

Enemy Activity: An enemy can try to find you on its turn. If an enemy
makes an active Perception check and beats your Stealth check result (don’t make a new check), you don’t remain hidden from that enemy. Also, if an enemy tries to enter your space, you don’t remain hidden from that enemy

So to conclude, if said creature made a stealth check to be hidden and invisible, when someone enters his space he's no longer hidden (but is still invisible) and the player knows there's something there. The movement does provoke an OA but the creature is still invisible until and unless he makes the attack.

#12 Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Goblin

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Wow , Steve posts on the site after they say he hasn't posted in a long time ! ! ! Cool , can't wait to hear your voice again when you visit Hal and Linds' across the pond .

Secondly - ALL HAIL NYESS ! !
First of all , I say that 'cause you are the most compelling character . Always interesting to hear , and lastly , Thank you for using my curse , " Rachmaninoff ( sp ? ) Funny how the phonetic pronunciation was a topic of contention . As far as I was thinking , it was " Rock-mahn-in-off "
I digress . Keep up the good work . It's always so much fun to hear you all .
Bloodguard

#13 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:55 AM

Meh, now I know your in your twenties----you haven't been working professionally long enough to have learned that everyone is replaceable. Six months after you leave, they'll "update" the website and it will have a new look & feel based on the 'new guys' design.
:sew:

j/k

But seriously, all great career moves start with that first step. All you have to do is check out the map at the bottom of these pages to convince yourself of the diverse audience you have on these boards (being just one example). Ever go to GenCon in Indianapolis Indiana USA? They have gaming artists there all the time! Now I'm not saying quit your job tomorrow and expect to make a living, but you'll never be able to make a living doing what you love until you start doing it---i.e., build a network of clients and charge a fee for your services.

You could probably make a killing if you were to start applying your art skills using a computer medium--that way you could 'reuse' previous characters altering them slightly instead of starting from scratch. There is a great web comic artist I know of, Scott Kurtz of Player Vs. Player fame (http://www.pvponline.com) who wrote a book and has excerpts for artists who want to get started doing web comics and computer artwork. Here are some links to whet your appetite:
Main Comic: http://www.pvponline.com
Podcasts with some instructionals: http://halfpixel.tumblr.com/
Group Scott works with podcasts on 'the web art business': http://www.halfpixel.com/
Scott's "How to Make Web Comics" book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_topSome quotes to wrap things up:

"Do; or do not--there is no try." :yoda:

Think about it mate... Think about it.........:pimp:

Being from Detroit, let me close by quoting Henry Ford: "If you think you can do it, you're right. If you think you can't do it, you're also right."

I wish you the best of luck! Make the right call on this--the last thing you want is to look back on this 10 years from now and regret not at least trying for the dream. If not now, when???

the funny thing i am currently 28 years old.. and have been working for Kawasaki for about 6 years now, as a mechanical Engineer/ designer. (designing trains, motorcycles etc.. ) i totally agree with you on the aspect that companies really don't care about individuals. something similar happened with the website "update".. which i found funny.. (you must be a mind reader.. lol)

but i also own a Dojo, and currently teach 5 different forms of martial arts. so sometimes it is hard to find the time to draw.. but i would love to create images full time.. hopefully one day i will be able too. :)

yes i have been to GenCon a few times, as an artist.. (i was working for a few different companies as a freelance artist. battlefield press, Malhavco etc..

i am very familiar with Scott .. he is a very talented artist, and i really enjoy his work. (met him a few times) i also enjoy crtl+alt+del. that is another great online comic..

but i agree with you. when graduated collage, i was hell bent on becoming a concept artist. (mainly for movies, or video games.) but for some strange reason, my father ended up pushing me into the field of engineering. (don't get me wrong i have done some work on the side for a few years now.. but not enough to call it a living.)

thank you so much for the vote of confidence, and all the advice! because of such, i am going to send Hal a bonus image today! i hope you all enjoy it!

#14 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

Oooooh! Bonus images :D

#15 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

yup, i am going to send you am image of a character that i am currently playing. a 4e Drow Swordmage. (epic level) we took our campaign and converted the characters as best we could. (he used to be a psychic warrior... ah well..) i hope you all enjoy it..

#16 Ieqo

Ieqo

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationIts pronounced CHATT-uh-NOO-gah.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

I've never seen art in a Malhavoc product that wasn't exceptional (is that an oxymoron?), so now I too am eager to see your work.

#17 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:24 PM

the funny thing i am currently 28 years old.. and have been working for Kawasaki for about 6 years now, as a mechanical Engineer/ designer. (designing trains, motorcycles etc.. ) ...

...but i also own a Dojo, and currently teach 5 different forms of martial arts. ...

...yes i have been to GenCon a few times, as an artist.. (i was working for a few different companies as a freelance artist. battlefield press, Malhavco etc..

... when graduated collage,

My god do you make me feel like a chump. I don't think I like you anymore, Rick. :P

#18 Tengu

Tengu

Kobold

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:44 AM

i don't mean to make you feel like a chump... :cry:

#19 thranduul

thranduul

Wizard20 / Archmage6

• Patrons
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:21 AM

My god do you make me feel like a chump. I don't think I like you anymore, Rick. :P

Errrr, people that dangerous you want as your friend! :monk:

#20 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

i don't mean to make you feel like a chump... :cry:

Then I'll forgive you this once!

To make it up to me you could always draw my character. 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge