#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

Continuing my attempt to get back on the release horse I offer for your consideration...

Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 10

Filesize: 67MB

More icy adventuring for our rag tag crew on the Antarctic and someone catches a mild case of The Crazy

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

Thank you Mr. Hal. Now I have to decide between CoC:BtMoM, Rolemaster, and Sorcerer. A good problem to have. :D

#3 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

Yeehahh!!! Ride that release horse, Hal! Ride it like the bomb from Dr. Strangelove :D

#4 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

Creepy - i don't want to see George Carlin next week. I think he probably looks... different... than I remember.

#5 ChibiSoma

ChibiSoma

Raven

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLost in the dungeons

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

Aww, I'm about... 93 minutes in. Was Ruby alright? o_o I haven't heard a dog panting that hard ever. Ours gets pretty panting-heavy when a storm's getting close. She totally freaks out. She's torn a large portion of the siding off the lowest parts of the house. But nothing quite like that. Our dog's a blue heeler/german shepherd mix, so she isn't too big.

Even so...

Also, finally getting into some weirdness! A slow start to this non-adventure adventure. But the last few parts have been really good. At least for me. Atmospheric build-up! And right around the Halloween season, no less.

#6 Merlin

Merlin

Kobold

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

Having never tried CoC, i downloaded this series of mp3s and i really dig the mood of the game. I never knew that i loved CoC so much!

8O

Thanks for the entertaining work. I guess I'll move on to the WLD now. It's not a slog, is it? It looks like it has sloggy possibilities. . . but the files are so small and cute!

#7 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

Thank you Hal

#8 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

Having never tried CoC, i downloaded this series of mp3s and i really dig the mood of the game. I never knew that i loved CoC so much!

Just a minor tooting of one's own horn, over at http://thegaminggrunts.com there's an ongoing Call of Cthulhu campaign.

#9 Wryce

Wryce

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

Ah, thanks for reminding me to start listening to the grunts again. I listened to the first few and then got distracted by other things and didn't pick them up again.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing the folks over here try another game of Cthulhu as well, maybe a one-or-two-shot scenario for a halloween special? Hal and the rest did really good in BtMoM, even if the plot was very linear and railroadey. I'd like to see them in a more open setting.

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

I was thinking similar recently but I am not sure I could persde the players to try again.

Perhaps Trail of Cthulhu uing the Gumshoe system might be more to their liking or peraps some of the modern day one offs from Unseen Masters or whatever.

Hal :hal:

#11 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

Trail of Cthulhu played really pulpy would be really cool. :D

#12 TheJay

TheJay

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

I'll cast one more vote for another Cthulhu campaign (doesn't matter which system). :)

#13 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

I was thinking similar recently but I am not sure I could persuade the players to try again.

Have you considered several short scenarios instead of one of the huge epics? CoC is blessed with plenty of fine adventures and I suspect that your players will be happier to give it another try if they don't expect to be signing up for several months... Then, when it's going well, introduce something with a greater scope.

#14 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Have you considered several short scenarios instead of one of the huge epics? ... Then, when it's going well, introduce something with a greater scope.

It would be neat to have all the short scenarios tied together in subtle ways, so that they lay the groundwork for a larger campaign. The version of The Haunting that appears in the CoC quickstart rules (which mention yog-sothoth.com by name) has hooks (which double as advertisements) to other plots sprinkled throughout the well-known scenario.

#15 Wryce

Wryce

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

The Mansions of Madness book has several really great adventures. Crack'd and Crook'd Manse in particular was very good, and probably the most successful (in terms of player and Keeper enjoyment) CoC adventure I've run. I was a bit too successful in creeping my players out, actually, to the point where they ended up deciding to just get the hell out of dodge, forcing me to initiate the climax of the adventure a bit earlier than I would have liked. Really, I think the epic campaigns are all well and good, but a series of short adventures is more enjoyable under some circumstances, and I think Hal's group would enjoy it more.

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:14 AM

Ok so I've finished listen to them all and I've a question. When Hal say "Thats' funny..." is he being sarcastic, or is that his alternative to a light chuckle?

Danny

#17 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

It seems to be a genuine sentiment.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

Thanks all! Another fun session! :)

I have to admit though I can see the sanity running out really quickly for some of the party when we ratchet things up a bit! Not long noooooooooooooow! 8O

#19 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Well, rather than "tights go down, mights go up", when I was at school, I learned that "stalagtites hang on tight, stalagmites might reach them". Whilst I could never remember the rhyme "hang on tight" and "might reach them" have always proved handy enough in times of need.

#20 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

StalaCtites come from the Ceiling; StalaGmites come from the Ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge