• Create Account
Photo

15 minutes left...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this a useless poll? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a useless poll?

1. yes (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. no (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ViceroyFizzlebottom

ViceroyFizzlebottom

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontreal Quebec

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

last night before bed I stopped session 40 with 15 minutes left...

firstly, Thank you to all the people who participated in the WLD recordings, I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I haven't played D&D for nearly 20 years, but when 4th edition came out I had a job where I was able to listen to podcasts 40 hours a week. I thankfully stumbled upon your site and the 40 episode beast that is WLD soon entered my podcasticon. (podcast lexicon?)

secondly, Now what? Which game should I listen to now? Do the heroes of WLD play any more recorded adventures? I am not a player myself, so the role-playing side interests me more than the technical side. What do you recommend?

my favorite moment was probably the "natural 20" (Balazar voice) on the sleeping dragon illusion... I definitely hit the rewind button a couple of times on that one. but the whole game was very fun to listen to, thanks again.

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hey there,

Thanks for the kind words :) Sadly the WLD character do not continue their adventures beyond the end of the WLD.

I would not know what to suggest listening to next. What are you in the mood for? There are some really great things on the Community Podcast from the Whartson Hall lot, then there is the Labour of Love / Tomb of Haggemoth series I ran when I got to Texas. Then the new DnD 4e game which is currently running. Or Warlords of the Accordlands. Or my personal favourite, Rolemaster :D

What do the rest of you think?

Hal :hal:

#3 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

After WLD, I enjoyed all of the other things, but nothing so much as Warlords of the Accordlands. I guess I like the longer time frame, which gives a chance for the characters to interact more.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness is good too.

The ending of Banewarrens made listening to it very worthwhile.

So, I guess those three would be my recommendation.

#4 Wryce

Wryce

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

Rolemaster is also a personal favorite of mine, I'd also recommend you check out the various one shots if your in the mood for something a little briefer than WLD. Labour of Love/Tomb of Haggemoth are certainly interesting. It's hard to go wrong on this site, really. I would recommend Rolemaster though, if you like the RPing.

#5 ViceroyFizzlebottom

ViceroyFizzlebottom

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontreal Quebec

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

I'm tempted to check out the Temple of Elemental Evil as well, that's one of my prized 1st edition modules (though the map book got lost, and I'm not sure where the city of hommlet(sp?) pre-module has gotten to). I never played it but loved reading through it :)

Sounds like I can't lose regardless of what I pick, so I'll just go with a shorter one (to catch my breath).

dungeon ON!

#6 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

ToEE is one of the few recordings here that has ever disappointed me. It's not the recording that disappoints I should clarify, but rather the fact that it was never finished.

The group encounters some of the failings of the 2e system in ways that made me pine for the good old days of, "fine you all get enough XP to level." Then the story was taking a very interesting turn in another direction and then ::poof:: I was left hanging.

So as long as you know that you won't get closure, they are awesome stuff. I just love closure to an unhealthy degree.

#7 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:01 AM

If you want something else that is completed I would go for Sunless Citadel. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge