#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

After finally arriving on the ice mostly in one piece the party finally start to do some investigation (faints)!

Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 9

Filesize: 71MB

Hope you enjoy it! More coming after the hurricane :D

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 HisDivineShadow

HisDivineShadow

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

Hurrah!

The Mountains of Madness and the D&D sessions are my favourites at the moment, so looking forward to listening to this. :)

#3 poermanne

poermanne

Toad

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hope you enjoy it! More coming after the hurricane :D

SAN check please. While you're at it, give me a LUCK roll.

#4 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

It's around this point that the campaign started to really pick up for me. I've heard other people praise Beyond... as providing amazing fun just doing things like searching for a lost lantern! Honestly, I heard that on a podcast this week. To my mind, though, the cargo manifest section of the adventure is a bit of a strain for players and GM alike and it's a wonder the group managed to get things going once the characters reached Antarctica.

Bring on the possibility of gruesome murder and unfettered sanity loss, however, and they launch straight into things! :D

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Re all those cargo manifest bits and so on... I know what you mean BJB. I think it's probably best listened to in one continuous session (i.e. without swapping to Rolemaster or D&D etc in between)... I'm listening to it straight through and it works quite well in hindsight particularly as a buildup before things suddenly start to accelerate as they get to the ice! San roll please! :)

I find in general if you give audio campaigns time it really pays off. I listened to a one-shot the other week, the first one for ages, and found it much harder to get into now that I'm more used to things evolving over 30 or 60 hours of play (or more!).

Thanks all for another fun session!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge