thanks keener glad to be a part of the forums :lol:

#22 Akira1121

Akira1121

Goblin

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

ned wow i loved you as grogan but you as tans aka elf i could see how its a pain to heal and it has me laughing nonstop

Look mother they love they really do love me!!!! (tears wellup)

I would like to thank my incestable family for giving me the chance to escape the mountain of deliverence. Not only to broaden our gene pool but to show the world that we from the hills do have DNA that doesn''t match. I would also like to thank Hal and Lindsay for giving me the chance to prove myself in roleplay even though they keep me caged up with ruby. But without their help I could not show the world according to NED. :flog: <--- My first wife :twisted:

#23 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

But without their help I could not show the world according to NED.

You mean full of whimpering whining elves? :? :D

#24 Bcanan

Bcanan

Kobold

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Locationel dorado, ks

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

haha nice ned im sure your family is proud you have moved from the incest mountain and now the brits are caging you up with a pug :lol:

#25 DuskDragon

DuskDragon

Raven

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what that net was exactly. Or is it some kind of Hal homebrew unique item?

#26 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

You may be surprised at just how much homebrew there is in the Rolemaster campaign :P

Hal :hal:

#27 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

Heck, it might be more appropriate to say that you might be surprised how little campaign there is in the Rolemaster campaign.

#28 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Well, the Grand Campaign is really more of a tour of the Shadow World :) And as it is not finished there is plenty of room to make stuff up :D

Hal :hal:

#29 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

I noticed it seemed to have that kind of a feel to it. Regardless of the source of the awesome, it's proved to be fairly awesome nonetheless. Just got through the latest episode in the Patron's area and I was actually really worried for everyone.

Which is a masterfully subtle hint that more people should become patrons and support the site. See? I'm doing my bit, honest!

#30 fool2046

fool2046

Goblin

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

I've never played a campaign book were I didn't just make stuff up (more than just little items), they don't work that well otherwise. They need to be tailored to the group playing.

#31 coffeedemon

coffeedemon

Kobold

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCourtenay, BC Canada

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

I just finished the city - shopping sessions, and I can't help but wonder if Hal has doomed himself by giving every character all these amazing magic items so early in the campaign. I wonder how he's going to be able to face them with a suitable challenge after all the stuff they got.

...But I know that he must know what he's doing, he's obviously a very experienced (and very talented) GM! Maybe that's the style of Rolemaster...

Whatever happens, it sure is entertaining, and I can't wait to hear more.

#32 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:22 AM

Don't worry, the party can still be challenged plenty.

#33 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

Don't worry, the party can still be challenged plenty.

More subtlety! We're so good at it!

#34 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

I just finished the city - shopping sessions, and I can't help but wonder if Hal has doomed himself by giving every character all these amazing magic items so early in the campaign.

More likely that the party has doomed itself by accepting the stuff :lol:

#35 coffeedemon

coffeedemon

Kobold

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCourtenay, BC Canada

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

Listened to a couple more sessions last night while animating, and you're right, there's still plenty that can go wrong. :)

#36 LordSephleon

LordSephleon

Toad

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

::a flash of light blinds you, and a silhouette stands within the darkness::

I know I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in the times since I actually started listening to the other podcasts first over the last couple of years (starting with WLD and bouncing around D20 and CoC), but I was listening to this session last night while at the laundromat and I have to say...

Hal, as a GM who has been behind the screen for almost 15 years, you are my hero! You peaked my interest with the kobold sorcerer, the goblin rogue, and Buglak (Leader of the Bugbear Nation) of WLD, and you've completely won me over with the one and only Darren Stover! I wish I had your ability to take on so many different voices and accents and slide so easily into character (no pun intended... sorry Lindsay!). Unfortunately, it takes a lot of prep to get into certain personalities, and I'm only really good at description, managing complex story arcs, and reacting to whatever chaos my PCs get themselves into.

Would you be at all surprised if I told you that your friends Paul, Fin, and Neil (from Yoggie) are also among my GM Heroes? :)

And this praise isn't just for Hal...

Everyone around that table has definitely won a place on the pedestal of RPing in my mind. I tip my hat to each of you for the reasons that many on this site (including myself) come back for more. I'd list each and every thing, but then you'd be ripping your eyes out from all the reading. So, suffice it to say: you guys are awesome!

And going back to what I was saying about that laundromat, I don't think I can really go back there due to the intense laughter I failed at stifling the two hours I was there... Dungeon on!

::Suddenly, darkness fills the room and when sight returns, the silhouette is gone::

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge