30 replies to this topic

#21 smithmeg

smithmeg

The Silent

• Patrons
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

Just listened through again (and enjoyed it again).

One thing I forgot to mention last time ... I love the theme music (and having the little bit repeated at the end is fantastic) - I presume it's the multi-talented whartson hall folks who are responsible for it - I'm very impressed.

#22 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

It is indeed the Wharty ones..I'm envious of their Garage Band abilities..I used to have EJay, if anyone remembers that, and I was wicked cool with it..

#23 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

Congratulations on getting this out on the airwaves!
Listening now *jumps*, agh, thundery bit, ooh. 8O
:D

Loved the filk...

#24 Martimus

Martimus

Ghoul

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

Just listened through again (and enjoyed it again).

One thing I forgot to mention last time ... I love the theme music (and having the little bit repeated at the end is fantastic) - I presume it's the multi-talented whartson hall folks who are responsible for it - I'm very impressed.

Thanks Smithmeg:)

It was actually just a 'sketch' that I sent along to Hal ages ago, I didn't actually expect him to use it :lol:
However, I must say I'm pleased with how it sounds, and I'm glad it seems to be popular.

I'm going to try and get the first episode of Descent into Darkness over to Hal this week so he has time to vet it before the next G.A.S. Not being in the house for another two to three weeks is becoming a bit of a bind now grrrr.

#25 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

It was actually just a 'sketch' that I sent along to Hal ages ago, I didn't actually expect him to use it :lol:

Happens all the time, mate. That's how I got a game published, sending it in with the mistaken notion that there would be some sort of editing and revision process involved...

By the way, if GAS is really going to raise its Geek Flag and champion nerdity of the highest order then I don't think it should be a mere "podcast" at all.

It should be the Geek-A-Saurus Spodcast :D

#26 muradib

muradib

Stirge

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

Loved the pilot ep. :) tho i have to ask... with ruby being part of the gaming sessions, will she get her own air time for comments? lol "Ask Ruby section, she see's all and knows all" :D

#27 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

Listened to it last night and have been singing Isis' flik to myself all day today cant get it out of my head :D

quite enjoyed it all it'd be great to take into full production as it were, especially if you can get a broader audiance, perhaps have segments dedicated to specific areas of geekdom

#28 TomBedlam

TomBedlam

Goblin

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I've listened to a fair number of podcast and I have to say that Geek-A-Saurus is starting off well. I've been trying to catch up with the various audio. The Wharston hall crew has impressed me quite a bit. Though their colorful language dares to unseat Fin as the most foul mouthed gamer, I find the interaction to be very entertaining, You can tell they are really enjoying the game and the comradery.

Was it the Will Riker fellow or the ginger that did the interview? Regardless, who did it. Well done.

#29 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

Was it the Will Riker fellow or the ginger that did the interview? Regardless, who did it. Well done.

*splutter* *cough* *gasp*

Thank you. It was the Interviewer Who Formerly Bore a Very Passing Resemblance to Will Riker :D

As for unseating Fin, think of us as more of a tribute band :wink:

#30 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

Thank you. It was the Interviewer Who Formerly Bore a Very Passing Resemblance to Will Riker

Having recently met the lovely BigJack I would offer the opinion that sans beard he resembles Chief Tyrol from Battlestar Galactica. :)

#31 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

*splutter* *cough* *gasp*

Thank you. It was the Interviewer Who Formerly Bore a Very Passing Resemblance to Will Riker :D

As for unseating Fin, think of us as more of a tribute band :wink:

So it was Mr. Potato-Head?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge