#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

Keeping the ball rolling we have an exciting session filled with checking shipping manifests :) Lots of nice roleplaying and character development though ;)

Beyond the Mountains of Madness Session 2

Filesize: 107MB

EPICS Podcast Updated

Hal :hal:

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

(bounce in case folks missed it)

#3 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

Lovely.

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

ahhhh, back before all the madness and carnaage.

If only they knew...

#5 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

ahhhh, back before all the madness and carnaage.

If only they knew...

Yes if only they knew all the book keeping that they would have to do.... :D

#6 DeepFinnOne

DeepFinnOne

Reindeer Cowboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

...I fear for the Animals;)

#7 salvagebar

salvagebar

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

I also fear for the animals: no one had DOG FOOD, DRY, 3850 POUNDS on their list. Three to five pounds of food, per day, per dog, depending on the weather and how hard they work (when it's colder you give them more).

Call it 5 x 29 dogs x 28 days = 4060 pounds of kibble. You can cut into this number if you eat the dogs as supplies are cached.

Arctic/Antarctic expeditions often left marked depots of supplies on the way to their destination, in order to spare the effort of carrying food that you will only eat on the way back, and to provide a margin of safety in case you need to retreat suddenly in the face of bad weather. Worst-case, any rescuers will have some spare food and equipment, giving them time to dig your graves (RIP Lake & co).

Also, the scientific team and sled dogs will eat food and leave that weight behind as feces and trash. As the overall load lightens, you need fewer dogs, so you eat the surplus dogs since you don't need their work to move the lightened sleds - a handy source of fresh protein which carried your luggage before it got to the table.

Yes, they felt bad about eating the dogs.
Yes, they ate them anyway.

After a sunburned, freezing month working 16-hour days and nothing but dried fruit and salted beef to eat, and melted snow to drink, that hot, steaming fillet d'Husky looked WAY to good to pass up. PLEASE let us hear the scene where Jenna eats a dog, after the Elder Things trash the camp - high comedy all around.

Also, I weep when I hear my fellow Americans try to read in the last two sessions. Our educational system has failed us. :(

--salvagebar

#8 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

HAL HIJACKING LINDSAY'S COMPUTER AGAIN

According to the book the dogs are going to be eating the pemmican along with the humans :) But yes, I also fear for the dogs - poor things ;)

Think Jenna will go crazy? Would be a great shame, she is a bloody brilliant Cthulhu character. Quite far from the norm I think ;)

Oh, and welcome to the boards :) Nice to have you :D

#9 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

Yeah, straight pemmican for the doggies, and all that fun stuff.

Of course I worry about that nobody bothered to ask any of the expedition members if they where cultists.

#10 DeepFinnOne

DeepFinnOne

Reindeer Cowboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

I was partly refering to the poor cat with the foot fetish:)

#11 Alexandrian

Alexandrian

The Dark Fox

• Patrons
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hey Lindsay, look what I found :P

http://www.firebox.com/product/1391

I've never played CoC, but I'm really enjoying listening to the sessions.

#12 HisDivineShadow

HisDivineShadow

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

Another good episdode. :)

One thing tho' - luck is NOT pronounced like "look" in the whole of Britain. That pronunciation is restricted to the north of England. ;)

#13 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

One thing tho' - luck is NOT pronounced like "look" in the whole of Britain. That pronunciation is restricted to the north of England. ;)

There are places outside the North of England? Wow... I'd better check my maps... they may need missionaries, cultural ambassadors... decent curry... :D

#14 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

We need decent curry! Please send some :(

#15 salvagebar

salvagebar

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

HAL HIJACKING LINDSAY'S COMPUTER AGAIN

According to the book the dogs are going to be eating the pemmican along with the humans :) But yes, I also fear for the dogs - poor things ;)

Think Jenna will go crazy? Would be a great shame, she is a bloody brilliant Cthulhu character. Quite far from the norm I think ;)

Oh, and welcome to the boards :) Nice to have you :D

I sincerely hope Jenna lives to a ripe old age. Jenna is pushy, boisterous, concerned with appearances, and a very social woman; you are right, she is very unlike the typical Lovecraftian hero. Most Call Of Cthulhu characters are introverted, taciturn, highly-educated, sociophobic WASPs, and Jenna is a breath of fresh air.

I'd once made a Call character who was a WWI veteran, a fighter pilot on the Austro-Hungarian side. If I was playing him through BtMoM, I would make him a touch paranoid, and plan to try to convince Starkweather to let him pack a Schwarzlosë 8.8mm aircraft-mounted machine gun (with spare barrel, mounting brackets and 3000 rounds of ammunition) in one of the crates.

It sounds like overkill, the kind of thing that would break the game, but these are Elder Things we're talking about.

"Starkweather," he'd say, "it's better to have a cannon and not need it, than to need one and not have it."

#16 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

I sincerely hope Jenna lives to a ripe old age. Jenna is pushy, boisterous, concerned with appearances, and a very social woman; you are right, she is very unlike the typical Lovecraftian hero. Most Call Of Cthulhu characters are introverted, taciturn, highly-educated, sociophobic WASPs, and Jenna is a breath of fresh air.

I really appreciate your comment. I worked hard to try and make a character that was historically "accurate" i.e. a woman in the early 30's as well as something that came across as interesting on audio. I have much more fun playing her than any other female character I have played in Coc in the past, as usually I have picked a deb or librarian, and been bugger all use, unless we needed to read a lot.

Thanks for noticing my "hard work" :D

#17 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

I think the real stars of the session were, after all due consideration, Superbad and Mclovin, Any chance of some pictures :D

#18 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:15 AM

I like Hal saying he'll run them a fantasy game that's not d20. I really hope it's WFRP but something tells me it'll be Rolemaster.

It's also the first (and only) time that I've ever heards stevedores pronounced like that. Unfortunately it's the only time I've ever heard it spoken. Hal's unique pronunciation of Chaosium gives me hope that it might be another anomaly.

#19 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:59 AM

I like Hal saying he'll run them a fantasy game that's not d20. I really hope it's WFRP but something tells me it'll be Rolemaster.

If you were a Patron you would have listened to the first two sessions of the new game and would know what they were playing, oh well you can't win them all. :twisted: Ok so I am a little evil. :D

#20 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

If you were a Patron

Correction, if I could afford to be a patron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge