#21 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Thank you, I really enjoy playing Jenna..she makes me laugh..

#22 ChibiSoma

ChibiSoma

Raven

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLost in the dungeons

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

Oh god. Hal's Texan accent XD

Oh man...

#23 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

Oh god. Hal's Texan accent XD

Oh man...

There's much more of it in the recording of die Gebirgshexe, if you need another fix :wink:

#24 sturty

sturty

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

Loving CoC, Never played before but it certainly sound fun and yes I'm actually looking forward to the adventure part of the game

#25 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

Loving CoC, Never played before but it certainly sound fun and yes I'm actually looking forward to the adventure part of the game

It is very enjoyable listening to something completely different from the Hal and Lindsay. :D

#26 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

Call of Cthulu (Sorry, too many CoC jokes distract me) certainly is a different genre than DnD.

I think the part with cargo manifests would look like this in DnD.

"He hands you some manifests to check."

"I take 20 to check them. 28."

"Here's the list of mistakes you discover."

Note the lack of laughing in that sequence and how none of those comments are in charater. That's the down side. Note how quickly things move toward the action. That's the upside to DnD. It all depends on what the players and GM are looking for in the game.

#27 sturty

sturty

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

I did notice that... the manifests were top notch. this initial part seems like the ADHD AD&D players finally found the right med dose.

#28 Kairgg

Kairgg

Toad

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:04 PM

*Warning Lurker status broken warning warning*
Yes yes I know shut up already.

Anyway. I find it odd two days after the first session of my local gaming groups Mountains of madness campain, using the spirit of the century rule set, I plug in my ipod and what feed downloads. Hals at the mountain of madness. I swear the elder gods are messing with my life.

You do realise your taking a spoiled petulant child to the antartic... With Glen.

GOOD LUCK! have fun with that.

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

"Pull the switch Igor and activate the thread resurrection device..."

"Yesss Master......."

Bzzzzzzzzzz-zzzzz-zzzzzz Ka-zaaam!

Cthulhu! Love Cthulhu! Thanks all for recording this.

Particularly loving those accents! Tricksy tricksy American accents everywhere! And I don't mean from the Americans! :) Seriously though - they're hard to do - especially anything beyond a catchphrase or two. Good effort!

Good idea to go through the interviews too... nicely sets up the atmosphere for the campaign.

Ta muchly to the team!

#30 Vaeron

Vaeron

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Fear my necromantic power!!! No thread is too old!

Just started listening to this because a) I like the investigative horror genre and b) I miss everyone's voices. Hilarious episode, from wandering accents, to scandalous telephone manners, to the ludicrously lengthy "summary" document that illuminated everyone's impressive reading-out-loud skills. Lovecraft would be proud / mortified.

When he isn't adopting a Texan accent, Stark comes across as very Snootington... Particularly his scene with Ned. Loved it!

I know this campaign didn't make it all the way to the end, but I'll enjoy listening to it anyway.

#31 dualshock71

dualshock71

Ghoul

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

I know this campaign didn't make it all the way to the end, but I'll enjoy listening to it anyway.

It did, actually. They skipped over bits, but they did in fact end it. Relatively rare with this group, I know, but it has been known to happen once or twice. :D

#32 Vaeron

Vaeron

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

It did, actually. They skipped over bits, but they did in fact end it. Relatively rare with this group, I know, but it has been known to happen once or twice. :D

Oh my gosh! Even better! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge