#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

OK! It has been a little while since the last pile of Accordlands was released so I guess you guys might be up to date with it by now :)

Warlords of the Accordlands Session 15

There was some prevaricationg before the start of this one, mainly from Ross (aka Gileran, aka "The Nimbic")

Filesize: 79MB

Warlords of the Accordlands Session 16

Much hapened in this episode, so the problems with the recorder (duff battery from a brand new pack) are doubly annoying. There is a narrative ending to this one!

Filesize: 33MB

Warlords of the Accordlands Session 17

Normal service resumes with a full uninterupted session. Enjoy ... especially the monkey!

Filesize: 91MB

Warlords of the Accordlands Session 18

Yet again the party fail to lynch the nimbic in this exciting episode of Warlords of the Accordlands

Filesize: 84MB

Warlords of the Accordlands Session 19

Getting close to the session 20 milestone - will the party make it?

Filesize: 91MB

OK! Thats about all I have processed at the moment and still more to come I am afraid. Look out for more WotA releases in the near future :)

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

#2 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Crash! Bang! Wallop! , is the sound of the site falling over...:D

#3 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Hal! Excellent timing.

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

We has our own server now :) We are good for that sort of stuff :)

More likely the sound would be "Kerching" as the bandwidth spikes again and they charge me :(

#5 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

We get those warnings. You should be fine, they only charge if it doesn't go down after the initial spike.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

Yeah - I know! We have been hit with a charge once already :)

The podcasts are picking up a lot of traffic.

#7 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

The answer is perhaps to spread the load with steady releases on a (semi) regular basis, it helps avoid big spikes (even somewhat sustained ones), and thus, may save you money!

Seems to work for us, anyway.

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

Yeah - I know :) I think the issues last time was that there were files for the Patrons and new files on both of the podcast feeds :) We seem to fair OK if it is just one of the podcast feeds firing or there is only one file on each :)

We'll be right when I catch up with the slight backlog :)

#9 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:12 AM

thare are 2 vershons of the tail of episode 16 ,
mr steaves vershan in which he narates the facts, just the facts man
and gilarans "enhanced" vershon, i will post up gilarans in a week or so to avoid spolege

#10 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:50 AM

mmm, I can already hear the bittersweet siren-like melodies of the accordians now.

#11 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

thare are 2 vershons of the tail of episode 16 ,
mr steaves vershan in which he narates the facts, just the facts man
and gilarans "enhanced" vershon, i will post up gilarans in a week or so to avoid spolege

Hey Ross - did your version make it to the Patrons area? I did not seen it in there! Pehaps I missed it! I shall go and check again :)

#12 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

I think it was posted text on the forum, not audio.

#13 Jodast

Jodast

Stirge

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, UK

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

The thread was called Gilaran in character, if my addled brain remembers correctly.

#14 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

i wuld love to record it in audio but dont have the kit to do it properly

#15 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Gilarans round up of the missing action!

WARNING IF YOU HAVENT LISERNT TO EP 16 YET THIS CONTANES SPOLERS

Imagen if you will a smoky tavern. The beer is flowing as is the banter, a group by the fire are listening to a talltale, choc full of thrilling adventure, unfeasible creatures, betrayal and loss.
The fidgety nimbic pauses in his tail to take a swig of something disreputable and fish strawberry’s from the cleavage of the bar lords daughter.
Let us join them.

So nathanda was dead . it’s a bit depressing really. he might have bean a bastard but he was our bastard, and a hard one at that. if it wasn’t for him we would all be meaty chunks several times over. ethane though the feker did keep calling me “the nimbic” I will miss him.
The only things we got out of the whole mess was a 5 minutes heads up for the apocalypse and a letter from some deveranian scumbag. not surprisingly Zdanuk and corwin didn’t see why the dwarves needed to know who was behind things and maybe if nathander was still around it would have turned out differently. But he wasn’t , and it didn’t .
I think ember was a bit wored about things to, but she has hear own problems .
So we slogged back up the bloody tunnels to warn the dwarves. We finally made it but Before I could ethane ask where the pub was all hell broke loose . a horde of sputtering chitering abyssals started poring out of the tunnels. thousands of the things, they broke on the dwarven lines wave after wave of them, axes flashed ,abyssal heads roiled, black blood sprayed in sheets making the stone walls gleam.
Me and corwin where at the front cutting a swathe thru the enemy our new dwarfish companion sprayed magical fiery death and summoned his underground creatures to up the head count. Ember whispered to the rocks collapsing the roof causing boulders to fall like a terminal rain on the soulless monsters.
Just as the ranks of the abyssal where starting to thin and victory was in sight there came a shout from the rear. Zdanuk stood on top of one of the dwarven buildings threw back his head and welcomed the monstrous abyssal hordes!
He drew on the twisted power of the storm,
unleashing black fire and lightning on to the rear ranks of our alleys !!
Like quick silver I spun to face the betrayer. Releasing the catch on my x-bow to impale the storm zealot. But as my bolt leaped from the stock corwin swiped at my weapon forcing the shot off target.
The dwarves battled on with the second wave of monster , giant bird like creatures , spiting venom and tearing men in half with there beaks. me and corwin went at it, he swung his weapon in bone snapping arks but wasn’t quick enough to catch me . I ducked inside his guard and nutted the turncoat in his happy sack ,dropping the scumbag like a bag of spuds he tumbled in to the raging mellay when I turn my attention back to the mastermind of this madness he was beating a hasty retreat my bolt still lodged in his shoulder . then as I ready myself to hunt down the weezely bastard a cry cuts thru the fog of war. ember was in trouble the dwarves know longer knowing friend from foe where closing in on her!
I grabbed the nearest pole arm and vaulted above the crowded battle ,jumping from helmet to helmet I leaped to the aid of the fair lady. Together we fought threw the chaos grabbing our new companion on the way and fled. Leaving the inky darkness of that coldrealm.

#16 firepixie

firepixie

Kobold

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

It's still just as full of BS as it was the first time round, but it made me smile :D

T.xx

#17 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

There were some new 'heroes' in these recordings. Are there bios or introductions?

Session 16 sounded great, too bad the recorder died. :(

#18 ross

ross

Ghoul

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

its all true!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge