42 replies to this topic

#21 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

Oh yeah :) It means the same back home but it also means to put something together :)

Hal :hal:

Or to beat someone up, or wake them up too early in the morning (but that's old slang from the 50's and older, I doubt anyone uses it that last way these days).

#22 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

After listening to this, I wanted to say overall that both the module and the recording were of very high caliber. Thank you to Mr. Kendzie and to all the players.

I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

#23 Six

Six

Toad

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

So, has TheGlen stopped playing with you all?

#24 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Not an answer about the Glen (I think I hear him on some recent ones, right?) but an answer to the original post.

You can tell it's an intentional joke because the masculine pronoun is used for the half elf. And we know what Glen thinks about the chances of an elf with a Y chromosome....

#25 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

For the moment. As far as I am aware, it was due to the fact he had already played the module, and wasnt really wanting to play it, and to take time to deal with his growing company.

#26 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

For the moment. As far as I am aware, it was due to the fact he had already played the module, and wasnt really wanting to play it, and to take time to deal with his growing company.

Strangely as he kind of irritated me at first I hope that Glen is able to come back as he is very entertaining. :D

#27 Six

Six

Toad

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

Well, the first ones i listened to were the labour of love and haggamoth, so without all the same voices, it makes me sad =(

#28 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:52 AM

Yes I've played the current module, it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the party. Plus my opinion of 4th edition is extremely unfavorable, I'll wait for another game that I do like to start up.

#29 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

Plus my opinion of 4th edition is extremely unfavorable, I'll wait for another game that I do like to start up.

So probably more favourable than mine then :P.

#30 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

Yes I've played the current module, it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the party. Plus my opinion of 4th edition is extremely unfavorable, I'll wait for another game that I do like to start up.

What about Rolemaster there has to be some sort of tabled to the hilt Bard. :D

#31 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Actually my character for RM was a warrior mage knighted by one country and wanted for war crimes by another.

#32 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

Actually my character for RM was a warrior mage knighted by one country and wanted for war crimes by another.

I take it then that the RM scenario that they are playing you have played before! Domn it Glen just bite the bullet and meta game the elf healer needs all the help he (or she) can get. :D

#33 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

Actually Chris wanted to play so I was asked nicely to let him play. Large groups spoil the effects. Character is in hiatus until they need me.

#34 Six

Six

Toad

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

1) how do you become a patron. I've enjoyed labour of love and tomb of haggy too much not to become one.

2) Tomb og haggamoth, last session, i might have missed it, but was it ever said WHY xenotos(sp?) was suffering from a curse and what lifted it?

#35 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

The Become a patron button should to to the left of your previous post...its in the left hand bar.

No idea about the curse, I cant remember..

And welcome.. :D

#36 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

Zenatos stole a book from the library on the island of the Oracle detailing Haggemoth. The last page of the book is a rhyme about Haggemoth and his tomb. Once it is ready it sets a Geas on the reader to seek out and open the tomb within the year. If he does not do that he dies. Zenatos was already suffering enough that he was unable to cast spells.

The party released the curse when they opened the outer door to the tomb :)

Hope that makes sense :D

#37 Six

Six

Toad

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:28 AM

Haha, yes. It really does now. I was thinking it was something like that, but nice to know the details

So, technically they could have just opened the door and their 'job' would have been over as far as the bard was concerned.

Would have made a weak ending though

"You open the massive doors to haggemoths tomb!"

silence

"ok, what do we see?"

"Nothing. that's it. Congratulations all."

#38 5monkeys

5monkeys

Stirge

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

SPOILER

the book was still in his library. The adventure has the potential for the characters stealing the book and falling prey to the same curse. It's a pretty cool adventure. I just wish I'd bought it at the start of the game rather than 2/3 of the way through.

#39 Lesconrads

Lesconrads

Toad

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

Even though the last reply is years old - I just finished Lol and ToH and wanted to say, that I really enjoyed the audio. It's so nice to see some of those rp-systems as I'll probably never be able to play any of them.

Buuut - at some times I wonder why nobody in the party tries to act logical. Is it in character? Is it, because they just want to have a good time?
It's always someone ruining all the planned actions. Someone just doing something without talking about it (I'LL SMASH THE ANVIL WIF MAH HAMMER etc). Why couldn't they stand back and look how the scale works? Why did Lindsay initiate the releasing of the construct?

It's not that I want to bitch around on my first posts, but I always wonder. I've seen it in many of your games and it seemed so counterintuitive to not communicate. As much as I love the sessions (its mostly, what runs in the background instead of radio when doing repetitive tasks), I always cringe when those things happen.

#40 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Hey there :)

Yeah - I thought the ending of Haggemoth might have been a little more thoughtful in the end, especially with all that treasure up for grabs, but the party did have someone with INT 4 in there and perhaps it rubbed off in the end :P

The players seemed to have a decent time with the game and it concluded in a reasonable fashion. Technically they succeeded in doing what they needed to do even if they left a little empty handed :)

Glad you enjoy the audios - if you are back on Haggemoth there is plenty more that is worth a listen. If you haven't tried it already, give the Community Podcast a go. It has some excellent stuff on there and it is a little more bite sized, generally! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge