• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 jabonko

jabonko

Raven

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

Back when I was using a dial-up-modem to connect to AOHell, I mashed on keys to get my username. I thought Jabonko sounded like a demon from a fantasy-type game and so I kept it. Now I think it sounds weird, but can't think of a good new one.

#42 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

>sorry for more thread necromancy but hopefully it'll be worth it as it involves a story about hal<

To set the scene, i have descided to come back early from my first christmas break at uni in order to get some work done and attend new years day celebrations, luckily hal and helen offered to let me crash at theirs in their spare bedroom and even more luckily the other occupent of the house the (very ugly) male stripper was abscent. Hal, helen and i are sat in the front room talking about things, when i glance up to notice hal seems to be asleep

Alec: Hal are you asleep
Hal(in dreamy weird voice): Whos that helen?
Helen: its alec remember hal, he;s staying with us
Hal: Ah no a big scary nalic monster... I will fight him off
*hal with eyes closed waves an imaginary sword in my general direction*
Helen: Noo.. .what are you doin hal?
Hal: dont worry my lady i will protect you from the nalic *waves sword again at me*
Helen: Stop that hal your asleep.. (in desperation) look i'll give you erm.. a magic ring that way it wont be able to get you.
*takes a ring off and puts it on hal*
Hal: a ring of nalic protection stay away you evil beastie

hal then proceeds to thrust forth the hand with 'the ring of nalic protection' at me and shouting BACK GET BACK every time i start to talk for the next 5 minuites until he decides to stop talking in his sleep.

A few days later i held a 20 minuite conversation with him about his anime collection without realising he was actually asleep, although he claimed not to be and tried to prove this by opening his eyes so we could all see his eyes rolled biack into his skull. Aparantly he tried to make himself a cup of coffee whilst asleep, despite the two very steep flights of stairs from his bedroom to the kitchen and the danger of fire etc.

Anyway from then on i've always been 'the nalic'.. hope hal cant remember any good dirt on me!

#43 firepixie

firepixie

Kobold

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Firepixie - well I fire spin sometimes, when I get the time, & it's a name I used on other forums so it's easy to remember :-)

T.xx

#44 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

Ahhh, The_Nalic that brings laughter to my soul I am glad that nobody that knows about my sleep walking and talking episode is on this forum. :D

#45 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

:lol:

#46 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Grrr :evil:

#47 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

Stay back, everyone! I think he's asleep!

#48 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Stay back, everyone! I think he's asleep!

*snickers*

#49 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

I'm still waiting to find out what a Swudge is (and why it's associated with the number seven hundred and nineteen).

#50 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

I'm still waiting to find out what a Swudge is (and why it's associated with the number seven hundred and nineteen).

One can only hope that someday in the future I decide to let you in on the secret...

#51 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

One can only hope that someday in the future I decide to let you in on the secret...

But there is no seventy first day in september! :P

#52 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

But there is no seventy first day in september! :P

Die.

In a fire.

:mage:
:tiphat:
:wink:

#53 dyreno

dyreno

Kobold

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Locationsavannah, georgia

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

mine was created while playing under a nasty DnD DM who loved to crush PC's at any means necessary. I started off with just a straight Fighter name Ayreno. Soon after he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and fell to his death. So i started using the family tree method, my dead character's cousin of the same class with the same stuff, and a different but similar name. My new one being Byreno, who fought to the very end against a orc hoard. I replaced him with Cyreno, who was poisoned under strange circumstances while i was away for a week. Then came Dyreno, who i switched from fighter to rouge to fill the lack there of in the gaming group. He was a load of fun and manged to slip under the radar of the DM long enough to finish many adventures and ride off into retirement

#54 Bazorkin

Bazorkin

Stirge

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:08 AM

Heh, I've gamed with you off and on for almost ten years, Jaimie. You've never told that story before.
Was the 2e or 3e?

(I swear that story you told sounds just like something from Knights of the Dinner Table. The only way it would be more perfect is if they all looked identical too. :D )

#55 Bazorkin

Bazorkin

Stirge

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

Oh, forgot to answer the thread question:
My mother's maiden name was Bazor. So, since its not my last name, but the Bazor's are my kin...
:D

#56 dyreno

dyreno

Kobold

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Locationsavannah, georgia

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

It had to have been 2e or at least one the upgarded 2e's. I only played 3e twice and both times as a gnome. Anyway by the time 3e came out i was so hooked on The Hero System 4e/5e i didn't really give any other system the time of day(but many of them did get my money).

#57 fictionalfemme

fictionalfemme

Goblin

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT USA

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hmm, okay, here goes.

I'm a long time bookworm who gravitated early on toward the fantasy genre with strong female leads (Tamora Pierce's Lioness series, Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books, ect), and then moved onto television of the same (Xena, Buffy, Witchblade), which in turn lead me to many wonderful fan fics posted on the internet ... which generally happened to be femslash in nature.

Then I hooked up with a great group of BtVS roleplayers of like mind and we started making up our own stories on the fly (chat roleplaying). So, when I was thinking about changing from my original AOhell username (ladymagi), I thought fictionalfemme. It reflects that I'm a female who loves fiction but also hints at my penchant for playing femme lesbian characters in roleplaying.

#58 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

Mines the name of my goldfish

#59 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Mines the name of my goldfish

Sallah: The goldfish? You are named after the goldfish?

Lindy: I've got a lot of fond memories of that goldfish...

[/Indiana Jones homage] :D

#60 XRayLexx

XRayLexx

Goblin

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationEast Yorkshire

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

XRayLexx

X = Always a cool letter
X-Ray = The abilbity to see through stuff
Lexx = Bonkers Sci-Fi show