#23 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Crank up the Wayback Machine and journey with me to the past century, to a bedsit in Brighton and a chap tapping away on a teeny-tiny Geofox computer (you have Google, look it up :wink: ) connected through the wonders of the Internet to the home of Ken St. Andre, creator of Tunnels & Trolls. Ken was running a T&T PBeM game and my character in it was Jack Brass. Simple enough, really: it's a nod to Michael Moorcock (Count Brass) and also derives from "jack-ass."

Ken turned the game into a story and has been selling it to magazines ever since. In fact, it's just turned up in issue thirteen of The Hobbit Hole.

Hah! Thought Martimus was blatant, eh? :D

#24 woojitsu

woojitsu

Ghoul

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOroville, CA

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

Several years ago, a friend of mine who had ingested far too much sugar after a night of far too little sleep decided it would be entertaining to include variations on my last name (Wooten) in quotes from The Matrix (which had just come out). One such mangled quote ended up as, "I know woojitsu."

Months later, when I was trying to come up with a user name unique enough that I wouldn't have to append random strings of numbers to it, woojitsu came to mind. It seems that it was a good choice: I've never come across another woojitsu on the Internet.

#25 Kairgg

Kairgg

Toad

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

I am I not to new to post here?

Note to self stop posting when tired or medicated for synous problems.

#26 Madmoose

Madmoose

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

Madmoose - Many years ago when i was first trying to work in film a group of us were making a Star Wars Fan film (like many do) called Bounty Trail. One of the made up characters was a creature named MOOSEMAN. A moose looking dude with a big gun. He was played by a friend of mine and soon became loved by cast and crew alike. As a joke a group of us made a fake fan website , including t-shirts for the beloved Mooseman. As we created a post production group to do effects on other films i created MADMOOSE Productions who's logo was the MooseMan character with a shotgun, the group later became known as Calm Before The Storm as we moved into more professional projects.

#27 Qwaz

Qwaz

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

My Mum used to call me Martimus when I was a kid, so it kinda stuck:) More Cyber Sorcerer on it's way this Thursday dear patrons!

So where did Marti Bianco spring up from then :wink:

Drinking too much i hope :lol:

#28 formenel

formenel

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

***Geek Warning***

Formenel is one of the typical names that I use for characters. It started with a ranger created in the year 29 BCE* to go giant-fighting. The linguistic origin of the pieces is Tolkien, but I assembled them to provide a reference to my home state of MN. In Quenya:

Formen - North
el - Star

* BFE: Before Current(i.e. 4th) Edition of D&D

#29 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:04 AM

Mine is my default user name - I use it on four different forums. I first thought it up when I needed a name to use on the British Horror Films Forum.

http://britishhorror...uk/index2.shtml

I was casting my eye around and saw a wooden dog my mum got given - it looked really sinister, so hence Sinister Ornament. It's also my avatar picture.

I was thinking of using Worrying Bites as a name. But it would be hard to find a picture to go with that one!

#30 memmsy

memmsy

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:23 AM

Rather embarrassingly memmsy is my childhood nickname (one of them anyway)

Being called emma corrigan, I was often called emmsy wemmsy, and coggers which in turn became memmsy cogs. (I believe by Mrs Martimus).

When email started I used it as my first login name and I kinda stuck anywhere web related.

Beats Turkey which is what I was called at high school!

#31 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

You never told me that. How can we have been going out all these years without you telling me that? 8O

#32 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

You never told me that. How can we have been going out all these years without you telling me that? 8O

Because she'd been trying to avoid it becoming the new nickname for her?

#33 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

Username provided by the people at my old local games shop back in the day (2001). They used to put stuff behind the counter for me, and so decided on the following way of distinguishing me from the other Cthulhu fans.

Posted Image
That is the actual first bit of paper with it on.

Paul

#34 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

I monkey around with pencils a lot. What can I say? Oh, also, a good buddy of mine taught me how to 'pen spin', where you twirl a pencil or similar between your fingers. For me it's a pastime, hence I'm not that awesome at it, but there are some people, Koreans and Taiwanese mostly, I think, that have become absolutely wicked at this and turned it into a sport, of sorts. There's plenty of videos demonstrating it on the web, just go YouTube.

#35 DeepFinnOne

DeepFinnOne

Reindeer Cowboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

I'm not sure...I think it has something to do with my looks and being Finn...well and the fact that I seem to treasure Deep Ones.

#36 Qwaz

Qwaz

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

I'm not sure...I think it has something to do with my looks and being Finn...well and the fact that I seem to treasure Deep Ones.

Nah, it's because you smell like Tuna :P

My apolergies, I couldn't resist.

#37 DeepFinnOne

DeepFinnOne

Reindeer Cowboy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

hah hah, well actually I hate tuna...can't stand the smell and I'm not a big fish fan in general.

#38 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:47 AM

Was it you or Martimus that is referred to sometimes as the "potato"?

#39 memmsy

memmsy

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

erm...... (treads carefully) neither of the boys looks even remotely potato like, although I do believe that it is the beautiful, witty, and fantastic Big Jack to whom you are referring.

(creeps off to the theatre to hide - I'll be in my pit.)

#40 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

erm...... (treads carefully) neither of the boys looks even remotely potato like, although I do believe that it is the beautiful, witty, and fantastic Big Jack to whom you are referring.

(creeps off to the theatre to hide - I'll be in my pit.)

Now now if you want to take shots at BJB don't creep off and hide stand proud and fire off the verbal salvo. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge