#1 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

I don't think its been done for a while, and we have lots of new members..

Mine, hopefully, is pretty self explanatory..

#2 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Melkior, of the Whiteblade Clan, was/is my current elf palladin from Palladium Fantasy. It was the last character I played before starting to GM D&D 3E. He's not my longest lived character, but he's a bit more heroic than my human peasant named Brenan Tuleth.

#3 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

I've named myself after my favorite character in my favorite movie. I've ued it for a user name since college. I liked the sound of it and most people don't know where it's from.

#4 daft

daft

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

Well, it certainly makes it a bit harder to call me names if I for some reason piss you off. Actually it doesn't, but it lessens the effect somewhat. At least that was the plan.

#5 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Well, it certainly makes it a bit harder to call me names if I for some reason piss you off. Actually it doesn't, but it lessens the effect somewhat. At least that was the plan.

Well, that's a bit daft, isn't it? :wink:

#6 SnackGirl

SnackGirl

Stirge

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

When they started WLD, they played at our house. As a non-player of the game I was the bringer of snacks and drinks. Someone (I forget who) came up with it and it kind of stuck :D

#7 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'm a goddess, of course. :lol:
Had the same online name since October 1993 (can I claim some sort of geek record? :) ) because it's quick to type and easy to spell.

#8 daft

daft

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

Well, that's a bit daft, isn't it? :wink:

See? Like water off a ducks back. :)

#9 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

Initially I had an idea. This idea turned into a plan for a comic universe I created. This universe needed a title. That title was "The Boontide Project". Boontide was a word I made up that pretty much means "tides that bring boon". Take off the t on Boontide and you get Boonide. Boonide is the artist of the Boontide Project. That is me.

I'm getting the feeling I should have just said "I haven't got a clue what it means, get off my lawn".

Oh and about that comic? I treat it as a practise in drawing characters and giving them backgrounds rather than treating it as a serious effort to make a comic. I'm not that good a writer, yo.

#10 Qwaz

Qwaz

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Many years ago...8+ at least...I thought "Wouldn't it be nice to have a Q not followed by a U? I bet they feel they could use their own space every now and again." From there i tried to say a word...Q..w....a.....z. Qwaz. Been my username since and, funnily enough given it's origin, spelt Quaz more often than not by anyone else typing it :roll:

I have since found that i share something in common with stewardesses. Both they and my name are typed solely left handed. :)

#11 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

I was working for a company called Keen Engineering (no longer exists) and they would always call us Keeners in company memos and over the PA. I hated it but thought it would be a funny user name. :D

#12 Nauthiz

Nauthiz

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCold Snowy Michigan.... *sigh*

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

I've named myself after my favorite character in my favorite movie. I've ued it for a user name since college. I liked the sound of it and most people don't know where it's from.

Funnily enough, if you hadn't mentioned the bit about the film, I would have never traced it back to that source! :D

My own comes from the germanic rune, which I adopted for some silly reason or another no longer remembered back in the mid 90's when I made my first forays onto the internet. As I was in the throes of my teenage years, I'm sure there was some idea that made the whole thing profound and awesome. An idea now so "profound and awesome" that I don't remember it! :P

#13 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

I'm actually incorporated in my home state under Eegah, Inc. I'll happily cash any check you care to send me under that name just to prove it.

#14 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:06 AM

The initials for my first, middle, and last name, plus the moth and day I was born.

Started as my "job seeking" e-mail on AOL ages ago (until I got gmail), and I've used it for various forums and blogs ever since. Those blogs where I don't use swj719 I use my first and last name (I firmly believe that if you must hide who you are before you'll say something, you aught not say it).

A boring tale. My Twitter/Xbox LIVE Gamer Tag is a MUCH better story...

#15 Kairgg

Kairgg

Toad

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:52 AM

I am I not to new to post here?

I don't really have a funny story or complicated reason for my forum. name.

It was the first D&D char name and since this is Rpgmp3.com it felt fitting.

#16 Martimus

Martimus

Ghoul

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:40 AM

My Mum used to call me Martimus when I was a kid, so it kinda stuck:) More Cyber Sorcerer on it's way this Thursday dear patrons!

#17 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:00 AM

More Cyber Sorcerer on it's way this Thursday dear patrons!

Do you think your mum would agree that Blatant Plug might be a better name for you nowadays?

But, excellent, excellent. I'm eager to see how the system works.

#18 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

Good to hear, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays.

#19 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

Damn, now I'll have to break out the runes as Balgin actualy does mean something (I can't remember all of it). Stondraeg means child of earth & stone (Ston being earth, raeg being child and the r being a joining letter). I made Stondraeg up 'though as it simply sounded right but Balgin is a rune name with a complex meaning.

A brief translation would probably be: child, newborn, fertile, communicator, speaking, flexible, flowing, healing, gift, wealth, exchange, commerce, grudge bearer, trickery, hidden in plain sight (as if seen through a warped glass so as to look different, like fairground mirrors hide and conceal the true reflection), frustration, need, restriction, desires, determination, survival.

That's a verty rough embodiment of the runes that make up Balgin, sorry I couldn't find a shorter way of explaining it (and I could've probably actualy explained more instead of spamming a whole lot of words at you but for that I'd have probably needed to start up a new thread).

#20 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

My Mum used to call me Martimus when I was a kid, so it kinda stuck:) More Cyber Sorcerer on it's way this Thursday dear patrons!

So where did Marti Bianco spring up from then :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge