28 replies to this topic

#1 TheCrimsonScribe

TheCrimsonScribe

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

Personally I play both Magic the Gathering (currently with little interest) and the all singing, all dancing Vs System (currently with much enthusiasm).

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:47 AM

I used to play card games a great deal, but sadly my weakness for pretty pictures led to me having to go cold turkey.

Have loads of cards of all kinds. Handfuls of old Magic cards (back to Beta). Full set of Middle Earth: The Wizards (not the rubbishy Lord of the Rings game (which I also have some of)). Loads of Mythos cards (still like thatm have yet to try the new Cthulhu game). Also have Wheel of Time, Vampre, Rage, Warlord, L5R, Legend of the Burning Sands etc.....

Have not tried Vs, but I fear the pretty pictures would get the better of me again :(

Have to play the new Cthulhu game with Paul. He has a lot of the cards :D Might record it :D

Hal :roll:

#3 Kevin

Kevin

Goblin

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:51 PM

Might... Now... make that a "most likely" and I'll say "rock on."

heh.

#4 TheCrimsonScribe

TheCrimsonScribe

Raven

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

Damn, that's a lot of card games. I've dabbled in a couple of others, but I don't call a couple of boosters and a start deck "playing".

The new Cthulhu game is interesting, but between everything else, I don't have the time to look at it.

#5 artemiswolfang

artemiswolfang

Goblin

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

I've got decks for Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and Harry Potter.

I've also got a few cards for Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Digimon.

However, the only ones I really play are Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh, though I haven't really been too into either too much since Regionals for Yu-Gi-Oh in November.

But at last month's Regionals, a friend of mine placed 8th. ^^

#6 SteveB

SteveB

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationVarious

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:33 PM

I've played Magic (up to the Tempest set, then 8th till 5th dawn) but I get bored easily :oops:

I like the Star Trek CCG, but no one will play it with me :(

I also have lots of L5R cards, and have played it...ooooh let me think...about thrice.

#7 mchvlichldprdgy

mchvlichldprdgy

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationTrying to type my way out of this paper bag.

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

I am the local god of the now defunct Star Wars CCG, the Decipher one, not the damn WotC abomination. i have over 5000 cards right now, just for that game.

I also have a good Magic deck which I can split if need be (it's 120 cards normally), but I only have maybe 50 other magic cards. I also have about 200 of the battletech and 300 or so harry potter cards.

I only play magic anymore because nobody else plays Star wars CCG, and the others suck. and I still only play magic with my friends. Maybe there wille be more nerds at college.

I am now off to find the Wheel of Time ccg. Never heard of it before, but I love the books, so i may like it too.

#8 omen2zippo

omen2zippo

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:59 PM

Magic has garbbed me kicking and screaming full the full ride. ihave been on that bandwagon and don't dee my self jumping off anytime soon. tho the pretty pitcures does tend to eat at your wallet rather well.

#9 Wellard

Wellard

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationInverness, Scotland

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:42 AM

Used to play Magic(and had Alpha Cards due to the fact that one of our club members worked fot WoTC UK)
Had Dixie(a civil war game) some Lo5R,Wing Commander,Battletech and LoTR.
Gave them all away and now concentrate on Collectible Minis

#10 Zeph

Zeph

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:44 AM

I used to play Yugioh for a while, but got sick of it after a little while. (no offence) I play Magic on and off, but as of late, I've been off for a while. I love to play Magic, but I've lost alot of time with my studies :cry:

#11 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

I suppose if I was to cite my first love it would be for the now defunct Netrunner. :( Truly the prince of card games. I have loads of these.

Much like several other people her I have dabbled with many games.
I have (several) boxes of Magic cards, Mythos cards, Wheel of Time cards, Star Wars cards, Blood Wars cards, I even have a few decks worth of Star Trek Cards Steve. :D

Tucked away I also have a few Pokemon cards, and my eldest is currently tryign to make me play Yu-Gi-Oh! which actually played better than I expected it to. :O

#12 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:49 PM

I played Magic way back in the day when it came out, and dropped out just after Fallen Empire...

I also played the first Star trek and Star Wars CCGs (no idea who made them), and I've also played Harry Potter and assorted "Never Heard of It" games (one based on politics was kinda funny).

Must add in my Illuminati habit from long ago...

I used to know one of the top ranked L5R players... The local game store displayed his Samuri Armor he won... (this was Bloomington/Normal Illinois if that rings any bells for folks).

I also own a lot of cards for Henticle, but not for playing with...

Well, ok... YES for playing with, but I think it's a different usage of the phrase... ;)

#13 RAYN

RAYN

Goblin

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

I play Magic, Star wars, Eve, and a few other random ones.

#14 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

I have played Star Wars occasionally but other than that I am not much of a card gamer, unless you count Munchkin and The totally renamed spy game.

#15 RAYN

RAYN

Goblin

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:24 PM

i love munchkin.

#16 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:48 PM

I would munchkin moreif I could get people to play it with me.

#17 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:38 AM

Full set of Middle Earth: The Wizards

I lean't all my cards for that to a "friend" who never returned them :(.

#18 TrojanDuck

TrojanDuck

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

It's not Magic the Gathering, it's Magic the Addiction. I spent over $2,300 8O on Magic cards from 2nd Edition through Apocalypse and haven't played in years. I still have all the cards so I might start playing again some day. A fun game but I wouldn't recommend it due to the potential cost.

#19 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

I found star munchkin to be really fun and people that werent even roleplayers could play and get the jokes!

I used to play MtG but not really seriously, Babylon 5, L5R, Star trek, i have a copy of the planescapes ccg bloodwars? but i bought that for the pretty pictures :lol:

Nowdays i just dont get the time and once again cant find anyone who plays in worcester. i must be blind i think wizards get their hooks into everywhere

#20 Merlin

Merlin

Kobold

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

Munchkin is amusing. I played Magic for a little bit, but i am a full-time Vampire: the Eternal Strugglejunkie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge