11 replies to this topic

#1 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationBradford, W. Yorks

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

I have a selection of old characters people have played and npc's i've written for loads of systems, stashed at home. I was wondering if people would be interested in having them posted on the site to use as a resource in their games? I have found that having a bunch of character sheets to hand was great for populating cities or if the players marched off the plotline and i needed a randomly stated guy i could just dip into my folder and hey presto easy peasy.

Could also give roleplaying hints, backstory and whatever perhaps it might spark a few ideas for folks, course everyone could contribute would be nice to see what things people come up with.

((edited to hide my appaling grammer and bad typing))

#2 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

Sounds good Alec..

#3 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

if its popular perhaps a seperate topic with bits for differant systems?

PS think you're safe lindsay dont think i have any of your old characters in there to name and shame you with ;) although it could be fun to see if you can link a specific character to a player from burps :D

#4 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

In what format should we submit them?

#5 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

good question, i guess whatever would be easiest for everyone to look at and also in a format that won't break the site or any copy rights. I believe the standard format for characters featuring in the audio files so far has been stat blocks but i could see use for a proper character sheet already filled in and ready to print. Have to talk more on this! Hopefully hal will notice the thread and weigh in an opinion and we'll go from there :)

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

That sounds like a very good idea. :D

#7 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

I shall grab my big file o NPC's from home and start imputting stat blocks until people shout at me to stop or we work out a better way :D I'll include the game system and game they were originally for at the top somewhere for easy referance until sorting can happen.

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

Good idea :)

Not sure the best way to present it though (ponders).

Hal :hal:

#9 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

How about these? I made them for a 3.5 version of The Cave of Chaos I ran, but I never got a chance to use them.

NPC: Benker Bristlecone
Halfling Rogue 1/Bard 2, Chaotic Good
HD: 3d6+6 (15 hp) Init: 4 Sp: 20
AC: 15(10 +4 De +1 size)/10/11
BAB/G: +1/-3
Att: longsword +2m (1d6/19-20/x2) or dagger +2m/+7r (1d3/19-20/x2)
Full: longsword +0 and dagger +0
SV: F3R10W2
Ab: St 11 De 18 Co 14 In 14 Wi 07 Ch 16
AL: NG
Skills(40 + 16):
Balance 8(4 De +4)
Bluff 7(3 Ch +4)
Climb 2(0 St +2 racial)
Disable Device 8(4 De +4)
Escape Artist 9(4 De +5)
Hide 13(4 De +4 size +5)
Jump 4(0 St +2 synergy +2 racial)
Listen 0(-2 Wi +2 racial)
Move Silently 11(4 De +2 racial +5)
Open Lock 8(4 De +4)
Perform(sing) 8(3 Ch +5)
Perform(harp) 8(3 Ch +5)
Sleight of Hand 9(4 De +5)
Tumble 9(4 De +5)
Use Magic Device 8(3 Ch +5)
Feats(2): Dodge, Two-Weapon Fighting (-2,-2 with dagger in off hand)
Inventory: Small harp. Abilities: Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding, Bardic music 2/d (countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1), bardic knowledge, +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks, +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear Languages: Common, Halfling, Dwarven, Elven

Spells per day:
0: 3
1: 1

Spells known:
0: 5 (Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Lullaby, Message)
1: 2 (Hypnotism, Sleep)

NPC: Dame Helena Fletcher
Human Paladin 3
HD: 3d10+3 (25 hp) Init: 0 Sp: 20
AC: 20 (10 +8 full plate +2 lrg. steel. shield)/10/20
BAB/G: +3/+4
Att: +1 bastard sword +5 (1d10+2/19-20/x2) or dagger +4m/+3r (1d4/19-20/x2) or gauntlet +4 (1d3+1/x2) or shortbow +3 (1d6/x3)
Full: same
SV: F9R5W9
Ab: St 12 De 11 Co 13 In 13 Wi 13 Ch 19 (includes adjustment for middle age)
AL: LG
Skills(18):
Diplomacy 12(4 +2 synergy Ch +6)
Ride 6(0 De +6)
Sense Motive 7(1 Wi +6)
Feats(3): Combat Expertise, Mounted Combat, Martial Weapon Proficiency(bastard sword).
Inventory:
Abilities: Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/day (+4 attack, +2 dam), Divine Grace (+4 to saves), Lay on Hands (12), Aura of Courage, Divine Health. Languages: Common, Abyssal

Dame Helena and Benker are part of the adventurer's guild in Specularum. Currently, they're trying to recover a valuable necklace for a disgraced and impoverished noble family. They've tracked it to the kobolds living in the Caves. They single-handedly manage to take on the kobolds and rats, recover the necklace, and beat a retreat.

Dame Fletcher is right on the edge of old age, but she's still spry and feisty - the benefits of running around keeping 6 kids out of trouble. After her children had grown and her husband had passed away, she felt she still had a lot to give to the world and wanted to help make it a better place for her grand-children and great grand-children. Through sheer force of will and her firey personality, she managed to get herself accepted as a squire and quickly worked her way up to the level of a knight.

Benker is on his way to reformation under the watchful eye of Dame Helena. Ostensibly he's her chronicler, but she's wise enough to see the advantage of a companion with sharp eyes and nimble fingers. He's saved her life on more than one occassion.

#10 MelkiorWhiteblade

MelkiorWhiteblade

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationRoseville, CA

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

ASINBAR CR 1/2
Reanaarian; warrior 1
CG Medium humanoid ( human )
Init +1; Senses Listen +1, Spot +1
Languages Common
-----------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; ,
hp 8 (1 HD)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1
-----------------------
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee scimitar +3 (1d6+1 /18-20 )
Face 5 ft. Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +1; Grp +2
-----------------------
Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 9, Wis 13, Cha 13
Feats Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Martial Weapon Proficiency, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Skill Focus (Survival), Tower Shield Proficiency, Weapon Focus (Scimitar)
Skills Handle Animal +3, Ride +5, Survival +5
Possessions None

Asinbar is a nomad from the desert. He is skilled at riding camels and horses in combat, while wielding a scimitar. He is also a competent guide. He normally doesn't wear armor in the desert, but in more temperate climates, he will wear leather armor.

#11 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

Here’s a PC I made for the RPG Don’t Rest Your Head. He (or she, because I’ve kept the langue vague) could easily be used as a NPC or even a replacement character for one that meets a nasty end. It's only the second character I've made for this RPG I've just got the book for.

MY NAME IS...Doctor R. Taylor

AND I AM...a long-suffering junior doctor. I work nights in a labyrinthine hospital some bit of which date back to Victorian times, other wings are brand new. Sprawling would be an understatement when it comes to describing the place.

WHAT’S BEEN KEEPING YOU AWAKE?
These graveyard shifts are a killer and I don’t have time to sleep, there’s too much to do – student loans to pay off, and people to avoid. I’ve been self-medicating, popping pills to keep going through those long night shifts. I had what I thought was a good idea, changing the combination of the chemicals so my body didn’t get used to one set of chemicals. This was good in theory but I’ve long since lost track of the myriad of pill I’ve swallowed. It doesn’t seem to be affecting my medical skills, so why worry?

The caffeine from the endless weird-tasting cups of tea I’ve been drinking from the vending machine help keep me awake as well. Nobody drinks from that machine, even though the mechanism is broken and you can get a drink for free, they say they don’t like going to that stretch of corridor. No one gives a sensible reason why.

WHAT’S ON THE SURFACE?
An eager young doctor, white coat, prescription pad, pills and stethoscope, black clothes (because everything in your wardrobe matches). Your colleagues say; ‘The Goth look suits you.’ They’re thinking the prison pallor of my skin was part of an orchestrated and conscious style change and not just another symptom of the pill popping manifesting itself. But how would they know, I’ve managed to keep it a secret so far.

WHAT LIES BENEATH?
Student debt – juggling credit card failed and now a loan shark is involved leaning on me to help the criminal fraternity. I’ve pulled bullets out of bank robbers, sewn up thugs and patched up beaten prostitutes and now the shark’s dropping not to subtle hints about me obtaining drugs from the hospital pharmacy for his friend.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO YOU?
The side effects started to increase, gradually at first – coloured lights, things moving in my peripheral vision. Today the hallucinations became ridiculous with constant weird things; a patient walking through a wall, angles of the hospital that were all wrong, and a man striding around in Victorian clothes. The strangest thing was when I was wheeling a cadaver to the Morgue when it sat up from the trolley and pointed at the wall next to that vending machine, pointed at a door I hadn’t noticed was there before. I got an idle porter to take the body for me, and went back to that stretch of corridor the nurses say is haunted. I could faintly hear a mechanical noise coming from it almost like the insides of a giant clockwork device. What else could I do but turn the handle and step through the doorway into…

WHAT’S YOUR PATH?
To clear the debt, at the very least to stop the criminals breathing down my neck. Not get kicked out of the profession that I have a talent for when all the dust settles would be great as well.

RESPONSES: Fight 1/Flight 2

EXHAUSTION TALENT: Diagnose Illness/Disease
MADNESS TALENT: Hypnochondria

#12 The_Nalic

The_Nalic

Goblin

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:40 AM

my 'Big File o' Npc's' ™ seems to be at my parents place so i'll pick it up over easter, I guess adding D&D 3.5 ed npc's isnt really useful at this stage as I assume most people are going to be moving accross to 4th at some point although i could post up some if people want. Other than that i have a stack of call of cthulhu d100 characters/npc's cyberpunk and possibly even a few old feng shui sheets still about, possibly including hal's amusing american tourist everyman hero :D waffle irons at the ready!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge