#1 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

They're very good aren't they?

Just listened to the Truth & Justice intro on the new Community feed.

Of course the Yoggies will be sending in their tentacular lawyers over the disparaging comments made in Episode 1. Actually, Byakhee are better. ;)

#2 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

Of course the Yoggies will be sending in their tentacular lawyers over the disparaging comments made in Episode 1. Actually, Byakhee are better. ;)

[Searches aged memory]

Ah, that would be Martimus making a slightly misplaced joke, wouldn't it? He was under the impression that I was sending the file to Yog-Sothoth, otherwise I imagine that Hal and Lindsay would have been the targets :D

When you send the Byakhee I'll be sure to direct them to the correct address :lol:

#3 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

I dont think I have listened to that session, what on earth was said? Do I need to beat Martin next time he invited me round for tea?

#4 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

Oh, and I was meaning to ask, who ended up with the massive box of beading goodness?

#5 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

When you send the Byakhee I'll be sure to direct them to the correct address :lol:

LOL! That's why they're so handy, they already know... ;)

Really excellent intros - did someone used to work at the Beeb?

#6 Martimus

Martimus

Ghoul

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

Hello,

(shamefully meanders into the headmaster's office of of Mr P) It was me sir, very sorry sir. It was the very first session we recorded and yes I thought I was having a bit of a tease at Hal et al until Jon pointed out you guys were on an entirely different sight... Profuse apologies and may I offer a full retraction of any comments which may have embarrassed or upset you or any members of your cult..ah family. I am now prepared to undergo a very firm spanking from Lindsey as my punishment, ooh nursey...

Linds, the beading box ended up going to Sara (Jacobeanangel to you lot) and I believe was oohhed and aahhed over a great deal by the other girls in the group too:))

As for the intros, that would be me again sir. I'm am but a humble amateur with no prior recording experience, although I have fronted a few bands and such in my time so I kind of know my way around a mixing desk a little. I'm still learning as we go, indeed I just listened to the T&J intro off the feed this morning and laughed at how poor it sounds compared to some of the later stuff:). We have a couple of things in the pipeline which may be appearing on the sight in the near future, I think you'll like them Paul, they 're not Cthulhu exactly but very close to it. Glad you liked them, coming from the guys who run Yoggi I take it as a big compliment:)

#7 memmsy

memmsy

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

LOL! That's why they're so handy, they already know... ;)

Really excellent intros - did someone used to work at the Beeb?

Well yes acutally I did, and for one of their radio stations, before getting involved in much more complicating and confusing things- mostly involving wigs and mice. And I studied music at uni (and studio recording techniques) - but does Martimus ever ask me for my help or guidance??? does he ?? does he??? (insert Miss Piggy type noises here)

(tee hee hee, I'm bloody glad he doesn't as I don't have the patience any more, and quite frankly as I'm sure you'd agree, he doesn't need much help as the intro's ROCK!! - and nearly made me wee myself when we did the pirates one!)

Oh and by the way, the Guv'nor (BJB) thought I ought to amend my signature as the grammar made it sound rather offensive. Needless to say it's a quote from Bridget Jones, where her pals are asking her to hurry up, not for someone to do something appalling upon Bridget. :oops:

#8 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

Oh and by the way, the Guv'nor (BJB) thought I ought to amend my signature as the grammar made it sound rather offensive. Needless to say it's a quote from Bridget Jones, where her pals are asking her to hurry up, not for someone to do something appalling upon Bridget. :oops:

Oh,
How ... disappointing

#9 Martimus

Martimus

Ghoul

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

Oh,
How ... disappointing

What he said...

You know I never thought of that, of course you used to edit and produce your own radio shows didn't you? Right that's it I'm hanging up the microphone and leaving everything to Memmsy from here on in. :D

#10 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

Oh,
How ... disappointing

What he said...

You know I never thought of that, of course you used to edit and produce your own radio shows didn't you? Right that's it I'm hanging up the microphone and leaving everything to Memmsy from here on in. :D

Oh dear...

#11 memmsy

memmsy

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

Please don't mart I'm only teasing :lol:

and as for having my own show, ahem. I was more laceky who drove other peoples shows and provided the content packages and was the comedy idiot who did the whats on guide and read out listeners remedies for removing biro stains from draylon settees.

In the middle of the night.

Your enthisuasm is what makes your promos so excellent! ( and that you pick up things faster than those people with shopping trolleys who collect things.... you know the ones who shout at me.)

#12 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

She's being modest again. Ask her about the band she's been invited to join :D

#13 SnackGirl

SnackGirl

Stirge

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

Ok :D

Please tell us about the band you've just been asked to join?

And what on earth do you do that involves mice and wigs??? 8O

#14 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

Some very avant garde form of Amateur Dramatics?
8O

#15 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

8O

Rodent-based murkins?

#16 memmsy

memmsy

Kobold

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:06 AM

8O

Well, I do do some amateur dramatics, but it's not very avant garde apart from when I'm playing dolly parton or Amy winehouse.

hmmm... how do I explain this.... I worked for Comic Relief for a couple of campaigns (For those in the US it's a big comedy style telethon thing that raises lots of money for v. good causes). In between doing day to day office stuff I was also often found parading around the Beeb in a variety of wigs filming stuff and then doing an OB from the top of Blackpool tower with a 6 foot dancing mouse called angelina and 200 kids. Yeeesh. At 6 in the morning.

And no BJB I haven't actually been asked to join Rocky and the Rockettes, but they want me to put down some strings on a couple of tracks. No one has heard of them and probably no one ever will, but the drummer is a fairly famous british DJ from the North West.

Right thats enough of my skeletons for a while I'm keeping my trap shut from now on!

:P

#17 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Right thats enough of my skeletons for a while I'm keeping my trap shut from now on!

Luckily I'll still be around to spill the beans, everyone :wink:

#18 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Luckily I'll still be around to spill the beans, everyone :wink:

*sends the monthly payment*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge