2 replies to this topic

#1 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

We sometimes get requests as to the process and equipment we use to make recordings. The following thread has a few comments about YSDC's approach: Audio equipment

But that's just us (Currently Methodology IVa). What are other people doing (methods/equipment these days)?

Online AP recordings, five years old end, of this month! (Methodology I)

#2 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:44 AM

The following may also be of interest:

See Page XX
Caught on Tape: Recording Tabletop Games

Paul

#3 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:47 AM

For my current audio recordings (the later GURPS Supernatural Victoriana games, the Against the Darkness campaign, and the holiday-themed one-offs) I use an H4 recorder -- I believe this is the same company that makes the recorder used by the BAG people. I then have to find someone kind enough to let me copy the audio via their PC, as the drivers for the recorder won't mesh with my ancient system.

Once that's done, I do any necessary processing (mostly just audio boosting, with the occasional editing or splicing if we broke for food, say) via a shareware programme called GoldWave. The introductory music for Against the Darkness was composed in Buzz Tracker, a combination softsynth/sequencer, and my tardiness in composing an introduction is what has prevented me from giving Hal the Valentine's Day game I recorded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge