• Create Account
Photo

Classic AD&D

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the same party be used in each adventure in the planned series of classic AD&D scenarios? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the same party be used in each adventure in the planned series of classic AD&D scenarios?

1. Yes, I like to get to know the characters. (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No, I have no interest in the characters. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe, but only if Lindsay is playing a spiky Halfling of Doom! (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationChampaign, IL - USA

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:43 AM

I played a few 3E games but not many. Most of my 3E stuff is online, icewind dale II neverwinter nights, etc...

Can't wait for some classic mods to be posted as audio files.

#22 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:32 AM

I love the original Ravenloft modules. I thought they were among the best written and detailed of the modules for AD&D.

It was a mistake however to try and catch hold of the WoD's and make it into a vampire driven setting. I felt it worked well enough for single adventures, but the Ravenloft as a campaign setting idea was flawed from the start.

btw I-10 was Ravenloft II - The House on Griffon Hill.

#23 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:28 AM

I ran the original Ravenloft, and worked it into almost every campaign I could, provided I had a fresh group of players. I tried to run I10 but had a revolt on my hands. The players loved the original, but the I10, they one of them literally just sat on the side of the road and refused to move.

I found some excuse to move them along somewhere else. I was excited by it, but they were not.

Oh well!

ENoa4

#24 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:06 AM

I am an unabashed advocate of Planescape. I just love that system. Seriously, though, it's so wide-open in terms of what you can do - - and the fact the universe is so big, the GM has to think up a lot on the fly, that most people can't do it right. It's too bad it was never made into 3rd edition. The computer game was ridiculously good as well.

#25 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:29 AM

I know the classic modules can be player killers, and simple hack and slash adventures, but I will always be hopelessly nostalgic about them. Modules like Tome of Horrors, White Plume Mountain, Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan, Barrier Peaks, Keep on the Borderlands. Great memories.

#26 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:56 AM

This may be a chance for you to detail which module conversions you've done, enoa... and maybe explain what you did to "balance" them for NWN?

#27 watsonr93

watsonr93

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationwatsonr93

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:13 AM

When we are going to the classic ad&d then people think that there is not assuming to time spent Sort of d&d3 character., and In this way character become more powerful then the adventure.Ad &d is a boring section then the charecter generation.

#28 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

A Wedding photographers?! Seriously?
:gtfo: FORUM OF SHAME! With ruffles. :)

#29 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:44 AM

That's actually one of the better jobs of generating a post by a spam-bot. Pretty awful, but better than most. Wow (and no wow gold)

And I seriously hope that the Classic AD&D happens at some date in the future....

#30 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

That's actually one of the better jobs of generating a post by a spam-bot. Pretty awful, but better than most. Wow (and no wow gold)

And I seriously hope that the Classic AD&D happens at some date in the future....

Who knows. Once I've got a handle on Runepunk, I may be glad of a season break to run something totally different. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge