23 replies to this topic

#21 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

Be sure to have him mention (as was mentioned by another poster in another thread) Simon, the dwarven god of Tree Climbing. As Simon is a name that no dwarf would ever have, and tree climbing is an activity that no dwarf would ever do.

#22 Dragonkin

Dragonkin

Resident Swedish Dragon

• Patrons
  • 485 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

All hail Simon! =)

#23 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:26 AM

The first of the RPGMP3 Classics has been released and you can listen to it here. It is the begining of a series of classic RPGs that we all grew up playing, run in the original system it was designed for.

The first is the first game I ever ran for anyone; the Oldenhaller Contract for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (soon to be re-released as a shiny new version).

Oldenhaller Contract Part 1
Oldenhaller Contract Part 2

Hope you like it

Hal :hal:

It was amazing how quickly the story went. As for the system, never played it. Sounds like role playing to me.

#24 Falula

Falula

Toad

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRugby, UK

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:21 AM

I gave this game a listen yesterday as WFRP was my favourite rpg to run back in the day and it brought it all back!

Everybody choosing to be an elf as their stats are twice as high as humans.

The crushing disappointment felt when one of your initial skills is 'drive cart'.....or 'blather'.

And when the crit results were being read out I found myself mouthing the words along with them, I still know them by heart! :D

Even though I've been loving getting back to rpg's with d&d4e, hearing this game gave me urges to dig out my old wfrp books and finally get round to completing the Doomstones campaign.

At the end of the recording, Hal talks about the Enemy Within campaign which I ran back in the early 90's for a group of 7 friends. It took us a couple of years to get through it but we still remember it as our finest rpg experience.
In particular, my favourite moment ever as a gm was playing the nature spirits in Kislev. From leaping around the room like a coked-up baboon when trying to mime the directions given out by the mute child (his name escapes me) to the genuine fear in my players as they approached the Vodyanoy by the pool to ask for his help, to the massive cheer as Werner the cleric of Ulric finally felled old father bear with a punch to the jaw after an epic scrap, it was THE most fun I've ever had gaming.

Perhaps I'll get to run it again someday for my nephew and his friends.

Fun times
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge