#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:27 AM

The first of the RPGMP3 Classics has been released and you can listen to it here. It is the begining of a series of classic RPGs that we all grew up playing, run in the original system it was designed for.

The first is the first game I ever ran for anyone; the Oldenhaller Contract for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (soon to be re-released as a shiny new version).

Oldenhaller Contract Part 1
Oldenhaller Contract Part 2

Hope you like it

Hal :hal:

#2 Dragonkin

Dragonkin

Resident Swedish Dragon

• Patrons
  • 485 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:51 AM

Halfling'o'Doom! ^_^

#3 tomlib

tomlib

Goblin

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:14 PM

I find listening to other people gaming much more enjoyable than it probably should be. Which either denotes that I am a total geek or that it is actually interesting.

I'm still working my way through the second session but it is quite fun so far. Even the character generation was interesting. It actually lets you get to know the characters a wee bit.

Keep up the good work.

Tom

P.S. Update on Annotated Maps coming soon (Session 14). It's finished but I've got to get it uploaded to the server.

#4 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationChampaign, IL - USA

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

Tom,

I am right there with you. I feel like I'm an audio junkie. I don't get to do any gaming so this is my 'fix'.

If this makes you a geek I'm right there with you!

ENoa4

#5 Demonix

Demonix

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:05 PM

I finished listening to this classic while in the bath - there was some amusing things (like all the other games!) happening.

It sounded like Lindsay wanted to run the game - will we ever hear her DM? Please. :D

#6 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

I listen at work often, always with the headphones on. I can't imagine trying to explain it to folks if I had it piped through my speakers. It makes the day fly by and it very entertaining.

ENoa4

#7 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Was quite a fun session to play in. Also felt quite focussed which is a bit of a novelty. I'm used to playing in groups where the normal direction of play is to strike at a tangent to the plot, with as much speed as you can manage to generate.

Very enjoyable, and probably one of the most successful completions of The Oldenhaller Contract I have ever seen/taken part in.

Lindz does seem to be making a habit out of small but spiky characters. I almost felt like leaving the Halfling of Doom to it on a couple of occasions. The Dice-Gods were clearly with her that night and not me.

I look forward to future invites to the classic gaming group, and especially to the appearance of a spiky halfling GM in the near future. :lol:

#8 Demonix

Demonix

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:58 PM

It would be nice for a brief run-down of who played the game and which character they played. From the ID3 Tag on the MP3 file I've found out the following people were involved with the game:

Hal - GM
Lindsay (Future GM!!)
Fin
Steve B
Steve D
Richard

#9 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:54 AM

*Hand in the Air*

OK I'm Steve D.

In a moment of madness I selected that I would play a dwarf and ended up as a Trollslayer. A result I thought as every archetypal warhammer party ever created seems to have a Dwarven Trollslayer.

Hal has a profile of me to post in the style of the WLD ones, so exert pressure on him if you want it.

#10 artemiswolfang

artemiswolfang

Goblin

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

*pressure* *pressure* XD

#11 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:53 AM

:D You can do it Hal!

If I can record 100 lines for NWN, you can do this!

#12 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:54 AM

BTW, the scenario in the back of the new WFRP II is called Through the Drakwald...

#13 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

:D You can do it Hal!

If I can record 100 lines for NWN, you can do this!

Wow, Paul, would it really be that many lines?
Still, I wouldn't be surprised, even if they are little bits!

- "8D8 damage on the familiar"

#14 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

Could certainly be that kind of number if it goes ahead.

I think it would be fun.

"Fireball coming online!"

"I love the smell of burnt kobold in the morning, it's the smell of Victory."

"Mmmm, the head of Vecna... the Ultimate Artifact."

Apologies to KoDT for stealing/modifying some of those lines. ;)

#15 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

I can't believe you are willing to record all that audio. I think you'll be surprised, some of it still seems thin to me despite all the lines. I am very excited and greatly appreicate your help.

Best regards,

ENoa4

#16 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

The good thing is that all of the players have voices which could theoretically sound like their characters. Except maybe Fin. Half-orcish voices don't seem to fit him, oddly enough

#17 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:33 AM

I had a hard time writing for Gerout. At first he spoke in broken English, but I think it pitched that and just made sure he was plain spoken. I have an orc who may join the party at some point and his English was very poor. I Gerout and the other orc started to sound too much alike so Gerout got a big speech upgrade. :)

#18 Dragonkin

Dragonkin

Resident Swedish Dragon

• Patrons
  • 485 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

Aye... remember (although the quote is stolen from another game - the Haunting) that Gerout isn't dumb, he's just direct.
Also remember that, by Fin's own words, he's uglier than he's stupid =) He's just following a combat-oriented god and solve most his problems with the axe (other times, I suppose punching will have to do)

#19 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:51 AM

I had a hard time writing for Gerout. At first he spoke in broken English, but I think it pitched that and just made sure he was plain spoken. I have an orc who may join the party at some point and his English was very poor. I Gerout and the other orc started to sound too much alike so Gerout got a big speech upgrade. :)

I'm thinking most of his lines could be somewhat similar to what Fin says for his directions while RP'ing... basically variations on "Right, I'll hit it with my axe" or the ever-clever "We'll go and kill them then nick their stuff."

#20 ENoa4

ENoa4

Ghoul

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:48 PM

I do have a fun bit of dialog for Balazaar in which he explains the merits and importance of dwarven ale. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge