Gurps Supernatural Victoriana

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tom_a_sparks

tom_a_sparks

Toad

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWhere have not been yet in australia?

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:28 AM

can you tell me more/where to download?
or do I have to become a Patron? :(

I ran about 8 or 9 sessions of a GURPS Supernatural Victoriana game available to the patrons of www.rpgmp3.com. The first four or five are absolutely atrocious audio quality, but I upgraded to a Zoom H4 recorder and that cleared the sound right up.

Unfortunately, due to scheduling we never got to wrap up the second adventure, and I'm still sitting on what wound up being the final session.

On the plus side, looks like I've got a new game starting up this weekend, and again I intend to offer it through rpgmp3.com.

from Jamie on http://forums.sjgame... ... stcount=17

#2 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:46 AM

I believe that at present these files are only in the Patrons area and therefore are not accessible unless you become a patron (which I would certainly encourage anyone to do, as there's a lot going on behind that closed door :D)

Whether they will be moved out to the general forum is something only Hal and Lindsay can answer. Hopefully one of them will be along soon.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:50 AM

Hey there,

The Patrons Area is currently experiencing a little bit of a backlog which I am in the process of working through. Everything will make it out shortly as I need to get back to the standard release schedule :) The delay was caused by moving to a new server and also by a rather sudden increase in community produced audio recordings :)

I will get to releasing this one as soon as possible and then you guys can all hear it :) I will have to kick the releases up a notch if you all think you can handle it :)

Hal :hal:

#4 tom_a_sparks

tom_a_sparks

Toad

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWhere have not been yet in australia?

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

:tiphat:
thank you

#5 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

I will get to releasing this one as soon as possible and then you guys can all hear it :) I will have to kick the releases up a notch if you all think you can handle it :)

Hal :hal:

I hope you put a disclaimer with the first few, Hal, given the poor quality of the recording.

Sadly, this game will likely never be finished, as after almost two months of inactivity I've pretty much given up on getting all the players together. On the plus side, tomorrow is the prep session for a new game, where I and 3 of the 4 players involved will get together, chat about what we want to play, and get to character creation. It looks like the three frontrunners are:

1) Low-magic fantasy using the free Caravan to Ein Arris adventure available from SJGames;
2) High school students by day, superheroes by night; or
3) "It's like Sliders meets The A-Team". God, that high concept alone makes me dorkily excited.

I also have one last session from the Supernatural Victoriana game that I'll get around to sending you at some point, Hal, and there are some other possible games on the horizon...

tom_a_sparks, I highly recommend checking out some of the other audio on the site. It's truly a treasure trove here.

#6 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:15 AM

Don't give up on it, Kafkonia! Our Dogs in the Vineyard game has been hit with all sorts of problems, resulting in a rather extended break (real life does take its toll when you have so many people involved) but we're determined to get the final episode done very soon.

On the other hand, whatever happens it's only a game and I'd rather enjoy playing a game that never really finished than play out an unsatisfactory conclusion.

Your third option sounds great, a bit like a side project (Slide-project?) I've been tinkering with called Slideways. Have you ever seen the RPG Fringeworthy from Tri Tac Games? There's lots of useful stuff in there for cross-dimensional adventuring: Fringeworthy

#7 kafkonia

kafkonia

Goblin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

Your third option sounds great, a bit like a side project (Slide-project?) I've been tinkering with called Slideways. Have you ever seen the RPG Fringeworthy from Tri Tac Games? There's lots of useful stuff in there for cross-dimensional adventuring: Fringeworthy

I can't say I've heard of Fringeworthy before; I shall have to check out the link. And tell me more about Slideways.

Nobody had any strong preference, so after some hemming and hawing we'll be going with A Caravan to Ein Arris -- it got the nod over the other two primarily because the players have fewer options than they would in the other two. With an rpg newcomer in the group, I thought it best to keep it straightforward. It also has the added bonus of being a premade adventure and therefore having a set ending, after which we can reconsider our options.[/i]

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

I can't say I've heard of Fringeworthy before; I shall have to check out the link. And tell me more about Slideways.

Fringeworthy is the original dimension-jumping game and very probably the source for the Stargate film and series. The RPG is packed with lovely touches and some wonderful background and info, but the mechanics are a bit clunky and showing their age. Adapts easily to a percentile or d20 system, though, since both types of roll feature heavily. You can still find paperback copies of the 1992 edition, or buy a PDF on CD-ROM from Tri Tac. I'm quite a fan of Richard Tucholka's work, although not blind to the problems with the system and the pity that there wasn't a top-notch independent editor involved with his games.

Not much to say about Slideways, really. It's an ongoing project, originally started for the Hero System but increasingly looking likely to be a True20 game, which takes the basic premise of Sliders and tosses in odds and ends from a variety of sources. There'll probably be a competing enemy agency (currently going by the name of the Nexus Executive) and a recurring cast who appear in different guises in each dimension. I'm making no great claim to originality on this one, I just love time- and dimension-travel stories. It's also a handy way of using other people's settings in a game without investing heavily in a campaign, settings like the one currently linked to in my signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge