32 replies to this topic

#1 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:13 AM

Ok, let me see if I have everyone in the initial party right.

We have Milo, Sharia, Ragnar (no, I will NOT spell it traditionally), Grogan, Hoyce... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

Ok, let me see if I have everyone in the initial party right.

We have Milo, Sharia, Ragnar (no, I will NOT spell it traditionally), Grogan, Hoyce... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Sharia's boy toy. :D

#3 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

And the wizards...Merve and Dru although Dru missed a few sessions...Hoyce has also been MIA

#4 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

And the wizards...Merve and Dru although Dru missed a few sessions...Hoyce has also been MIA

We need to post a poll on who's everyone's favourite character that naturally any one played by Lindsay would win.... :P

#5 Qwaz

Qwaz

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

Character wise i'm split between Rjajgjnjajr and Milo :D I just love the situations they get themself into.

#6 The_Emerald_Flame

The_Emerald_Flame

Stirge

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

You cannot forget Bardok the Dwarven Cleric, was there too, but I guess he has just faded into the background. :)

#7 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Character wise i'm split between Rjajgjnjajr and Milo :D I just love the situations they get themself into.

That's brave, brave Milo

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

MIlo gets into situations? Isn't that Hoyce? Damnit, make them sound different please! They sound the same and since Hoyce is the only one who's name ever gets mentioned I just think Hoyce does a lot and Milo's never even there :(.

#9 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

That's brave, brave Milo

AkA: Decoy

#10 Qwaz

Qwaz

Stirge

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:15 AM

MIlo gets into situations? Isn't that Hoyce? Damnit, make them sound different please! They sound the same and since Hoyce is the only one who's name ever gets mentioned I just think Hoyce does a lot and Milo's never even there :(.

I so confused!

BTW: Love th new av Glen :)

#11 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:50 AM

Why is Royce, supposedly a chain fighter, sharing the name of real life Brazilian juijitsu superstar Royce Gracie?

#12 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

Why is Royce, supposedly a chain fighter, sharing the name of real life Brazilian juijitsu superstar Royce Gracie?

It's his version of homage

#13 RYXlord

RYXlord

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

What class is Sharia supposed to be? I cant seem to work it out...

#14 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

My apologies I appear not to have posted it :) I forgot that Sharia was in the start of ToH as a playable class.

Sharia is a class I made up for Lindsay to play that was kind of Roguish and also provided the party with some healing skills.

Temptress Character Class PDF

Let me know what you think :)

Hal :hal:

#15 RYXlord

RYXlord

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Ooooh, nice spell list. Very flavorful. I can totally see Sharia going "right. Enough lazing around. Get up right this instant and start carry all my loot back to the boat" as a means of casting raise dead. XD

The spontaneous divine magic is a result of the force of personality, right? Sort of a "If you dare tell me I shouldn’t be able to cast this spell I will give you such a glaring" thing?
Or is it more of the result of being so beautiful/self-absorbed/confident that a temptress actually qualifies as her own (very minor) deity?
Or maybe I’m way off base >>
I’m wondering where spells like divine favor and guidance get there kick from in this case though.

Oh, and what happens if the enraptured thrall dies in the course of duty? Does the temptress have to wait until she levels before getting a new one, or is that just the mistreatment penalty? Man... that guy had better invest in some reach weaponry. He's gonna wind up being the bragdor of the group by the upper levels

Great job hal!

(Is it wrong that the first thing I want to do now is create a male temptress? >>)

#16 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:12 AM

Dark Temptress?

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:43 AM

The idea from the class came from something in a very old Rolemaster campaign I played many many years ago. Temptresses used to work in the bar we frequented and they were made up by the GM that ran the game :) One of our party members ended up marrying one of the :)

The idea was that they were powerful Thief / Healers who look out for each other and have a constant effect called Sisterhood, which allows them to locate each other and sense if others are in danger / pain etc.

The Dark Temptress is one who has turned her back on those teachings and is in it for personal gain. They were some of the nastiest things we faced in that long running campaign :)

Just for reference (I am sure I have spoken about it). I played this campaign of Rolemaster for well over 3 years. I used to play 12 hours on Sundays and about 6 - 7 hours every Wednesday. I started as a High Warrior Monk but found a very powerful Thieves blade and became a thief. I spent a good amount of time blind as this character (which made thieving a challenge).

I love Rolemaster :)

#18 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Just for reference (I am sure I have spoken about it)...

I believe you might have mentioned it, just in passing.

I love Rolemaster :)

That, too, may have been mentioned :D

#19 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

I love Rolemaster more than Lindsay

:cry:

#20 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

You little monkey - I am surprised you did not edit my original post :)

I love you more than gaming - you know that! I could not do any of this stuff if it was not for you. You are the heart and soul of this site and I am certain everyone would agree.

Also, you are rather lovely to be looking at and even nicer to be around and I think I am the luckiest gamer in the world.

All this work on this digital story got me thinking about how bloody brilliant you are.

I love you MORE THAN ROLEPLAYING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge