• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmo

Cosmo

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:38 PM

World's Largest City is the sequel to World's Largest Dungeon. I think it would make for great radio adventure.

More Info
http://www.rpgshop.c... ... s_id=38781

Seems Like amazon.com has the lowest prices.

#2 Fox

Fox

Stirge

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • LocationRedmond, Wa, USA

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:06 PM

I picked that up and I also picked up Ptolus as well. I have to say that of the two I think I prefer Ptolus. I haven't had time to look through WLC as much as Ptolus.

I'm also curious to compare the production quality of the two pieces, but I've not had the time to have a good sit down with the both of them and have an in-depth read.

#3 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:55 AM

Unfortunately, the entire RPGMP3USA and RPGMP3UK crew is tied up with their respective games. All enjoyable games, of course - perhaps for later?

Might be fun to hear Hal yell "City ON!"

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Ptolus is incredibly well thought out and detailed. I would love to hear more adventures in Ptolus.

Then again, some of the funnest games can be had in the worst adventures.

#5 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

I've read Ptolus, didn't fancy Largest City (probably little artwork and poor editing if Largest Dungeon is anything to go by). :(
I thought the the amount of detail in Ptolus was staggering (Monte has no life!) and felt that you could base many types of long-running campaigns at all levels in this setting without tiring of it. :)

#6 Fox

Fox

Stirge

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • LocationRedmond, Wa, USA

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

I've read Ptolus, didn't fancy Largest City (probably little artwork and poor editing if Largest Dungeon is anything to go by). :(

I was attempting to be polite and not go down that path. ;) I think that.. a big problem just has to do with the time involved in such an effort. It would take a herculean effort to play-test the entire product. Which I don't think they had the time to do as seriously as Ptolus.

What with Ptolus being an in-house game that Monte ran for the WoTC crew during off-hours.

I thought the the amount of detail in Ptolus was staggering (Monte has no life!) and felt that you could base many types of long-running campaigns at all levels in this setting without tiring of it. :)

I agree! I just picked up my copy again and have begun thumbing through it and have to say, just the quality of the paper pages is leagues better than the WLC. It will surely take me a great while to digest what I can of this, without even digging all that deeply into it.

For a campaign setting I think it's excellent and commendable.

I'm curious to take a look at my copy of WLC in greater detail and see how it stacks up as a campaign setting. Since by their (sic: AEG) own admission it (sic: WLC) was even more "non-linear" than WLD. I expect things to be a bit more "non-linear" in a setting versus a straight out (figuratively speaking) adventure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge