Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

The Bonanza continues ....

Session 4 - the party kills a load of things according to my game book and dodges a few traps :P

Sunless Citadel Session 4

Sunless Citadel Session 4 Direct Download

Hope you enjoy this one :D

Hal :hal:

#2 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

Thank you Hal.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

Always a pleasure :D

I have been meaning to ask - what do you lot think of the intro audio

Sunless Citadel Audio Intro Teaser

I was playing around with Audition :D

Feel free to post it on other sites if you talk about the Sunless Citadel recordings :D Go forth and spread the word ;)

PS And also tell me what you think of it :D

#4 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

I have been meaning to ask - what do you lot think of the intro audio

I've been meaning to ask if that's the girl from the christmas special where they all bullied and tortured an evil postmaster and the nazi one got obsessed with the easter bunny (for obvious reasons).

I think she sounds a little rushed and nervous (not in a dramatic way). More like the way Richard Briars always rushes himself because he's afraid of forgetting his lines.

Also I quibble about you calling it a classic adventure. Surely a classic has to be so good, and to have been around for so long, that everyone loves it and instantly knows what it is. The early 3rd ed adventures don't quite count as classic for me (because I don't know them and many of the people I play with don't know them very well either).

#5 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

"Some people have been saying that three hours is too long."

I strongly disagree. Sometimes I even miss the WLD 4 hour sessions but 3hrs makes for a good length (but really you guys should just let your sessions run to whatever length they naturaly do, which you do, so that's good).

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

The voice is actually Lindsay and the reason she sounds a little rushed and nervous is because I edited the audio to increase the speed. I also adjusted the pitch of her voice to make has sound younger :D

Not bad going huh?

Yeah OK, it might not be a classic in the traditional sense of the word but it is a landmark release for 3rd Ed DnD :P

#7 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

"Some people have been saying that three hours is too long."

I strongly disagree. Sometimes I even miss the WLD 4 hour sessions but 3hrs makes for a good length (but really you guys should just let your sessions run to whatever length they naturaly do, which you do, so that's good).

I wouldn't mind longer sessions either. :D

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

Yeah OK, it might not be a classic in the traditional sense of the word but it is a landmark release for 3rd Ed DnD :P

Yeah, the one none of us bought. Why didn't we buy it? Well because we live in England (and not America) the PHb had been released and we had to wait two or three years for the DMG & MM. So we started running games with the new PHb and used stuff we knew because we had that lovely naff PDF for converting stuff across from 2nd Ed to 3rd. We converted stuff we had a passing familiarity with to get a feel for the new rules (so we could go "instead of doing this like we used to we'll now do this instead" and using familiar scenarios meant that we could concentrate on the rules changes without distraction).

We didn't just go "okay, we'll run that for the 400th time again". We just used stuff we hadn't played for a few years.

And so when the DMG & MM came out the Sunless Citadel wasn't really on the shelves anymore (same goes for a lot of the other early 3rd ed stuff).

I really want to run a game for audio recording now damnit! And I know that I also want to run the Dark Awakenings duet (you know, the two adventures that got published by that tiny aussie company - some of us bought the 1st one, never got round to running it, and so when the 2nd one came out we didn't buy it 'cause we hadn't even done the first one yet and so it kept on getting put off).

I recently managed to get a second hand copy of the second adventure and would really love to run them sometime soon.

Unfortunately our group's lost two players so we'd probably be down to 3 players and a Gm (or 3 players, 1 not very interested girlfriend, and one GM). Do you guys have any suggestions/recommendations for recording a session like place the recording device in the centre of the table etc. Any advice'd be greatly appreciated. Chances are we'll start the first adventure, run about two sessions of it and then people will not be able to make sessions etc. Chances are that if it happens sometime soon then we won't be recording it but I can dream, right?

#9 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

If you record it I will host it ;)

#10 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:10 PM

If you record it I will host it ;)

Yeah, I have a 1960's cassette recorder that a very lovely old lady left me in her will when I was but a child. Sometimes it just stops/powers down etc and I have to whack it with a flat heavy object across the top and if I'm lucky it sometimes starts working again.

Sometimes it chews up tapes.

I have a stereo (radio/tape player) that barely works. It chews up tapes a lot so I just use it to listen to the radio.

I had this lvoely radio/tape player/cd player but it started chewing up tapes so I took it outside and destroyed it with an axe!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it won't eat my tapes any more!

So I was forced to resort to the crappy radio thing that's so broken now, if you leave it tuned in to the same radio station for long enough, it decides that that part of the wavelength doesn't exist and so I have to listen to things on longwave an dhear the bloody cricket commentary (I like the cricket commentary but they always put it on at the same time as other really good stuff that never gets repeated and isn't on Listen Again on the BBC website for "copywrite reasons").

So do you have any recommendations for a recording device?

And hey, if we did record it I'd ask you guys to host it :).

#11 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

I might be able to borrow a minidisc player/recorder but that'd take a lot of negotiation.

#12 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:34 AM

That was Lindsay? Wow. Sounds nothing like her normal voice.

Balgin, I think one thing rpgmp3 has shown us is that the more recorders you use, the better chance that ONE of them will work! :)

and a direct quote from us playing on Sunday by one of my players
"Thank God we don't record this, or we'd spend all our time editing out the gaps in the GMs [me] descriptions!"

It should be pointed out that burning someone a dvd, while using a new laptop to run a game (which didn't have 1/2 the software on that it needed) and trying to give a room description at the same time, doesn't work very well... :oops:

#13 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:55 AM

I found that I would get distracted some times while I was GMing, specially if my players were doing a lot of roll playing and I was trying to get a head on the plot, or trying to get them back on track. (Not to railroad them but sometimes they would be so far off track it was ridiculous)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge