Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hey folks :D

I have released the start of the final audio session we recorded in the UK. I decided to do the Sunless Citadel, because it was a reasonably simple adventure and also because Steve had a copy :D

I do not currently have the characters for this game as they are in the shipping (which is still not with me), but when I get it I will post them up!

The Sunless Citadel Character Generation
The Sunless Citadel Character Generation Direct Download

Hope you enjoy it :D

Let us know!

Hal :hal:

PS Session 1 tomorrow then one session a day until it is done!
PPS I have added it to the Banewarrens podcast for those already subscribed :D

#2 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

When did Lindsay say that? I'm the person who originaly dubbed the crappy tv travesty "Robbin Hood for chavs" because it really was that bad.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

Are you talking about Robin Hoody?

These sessions were recorded later November / early December but I can probably dig out an exact date if need be :P

#4 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

I cant beleive it, new content, and theres no bugger here..

#5 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

Only us sad, addicted patrons. :D

#6 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

Are you talking about Robin Hoody?

These sessions were recorded later November / early December but I can probably dig out an exact date if need be :P

No need, Lindsay mentioned a specific episode in the recording as having been on the night before. It was the 4th or 5th and I know I was calling it dumbed down Robbin Hood for chavs since the first or second episode (yeah, because everyone knows that Robbin Hood can jump off the same balcony four time before landing because of fucking stupid mindless action replays with different camera angles for no reason at all because reality it nothing like that).

It was so crap it's unbelieveable they actualy aired it at all.

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

More importantly they are airing it over here now :D

There are billboards and everything :P

#8 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

More importantly they are airing it over here now :D

There are billboards and everything :P

Yeah, I had to listen to a couple of people discussing how good it is on my ferry ride last night.

#9 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

In that case don't watch it (it was bad enough the first time without having to listen to them declare war on terror or talk about Turk Flu (that comes with people from a foreign land who aren't birds at all but all you have to do is breath near them and you drop down dead)).

#10 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

I remember watching a documentary about Hill Steet Blues. The people in charge of making the program sat the cast (and possibly the writers) down before filming had begun and made them watch a old British telly series called 'Z-Cars'.

"That is what we've got to beat," they told those watching.

Obviously this current 'Robin Hood' didn't manage to do the same. But I have my doubts that Robin of Sherwood will be beaten any time soon.

... ed&search=

Oh, I almost forgot...

....More audio - hooray! :)

#11 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

Obviously this current 'Robin Hood' didn't manage to do the same. But I have my doubts that Robin of Sherwood will be beaten any time soon.

Yeah, I was just happy to see that Robin of Sherwood is finally coming out on DVD here.

#12 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

Back on subject, two dwarfs a gnome and a human! Almost as good as when we played the kobold adventure from Dungeon with an all dwarfs and gnomes party :). It was hilarious (watching the crossbowman "dig in" behind a shield and a natural rocky outcrop to reload). Those first and second level kobold characters really made us adapt and play very tacticaly :).

#13 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

I think my name was very well thought out... :D

#14 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

I think my name was very well thought out... :D

I got an instant mental image and might get round to doing a sketch.

#15 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

I have not seen anything about this "Robin Hood" show and I am very happy, it would upset me to see them so ruin such classic stories. :D

#16 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

I have not seen anything about this "Robin Hood" show and I am very happy, it would upset me to see them so ruin such classic stories. :D

Perhaps you can help me understand why a poor retelling of a story "ruins" the original story. I've never understood why people think that. Is it because people who like the original will be assumed to like the retelling and therefore be assumed to have bad taste?

#17 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

My problem is that most people never get around to read the original and feel that the "retelling" is how it is, that all. :D

#18 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

I know what Keener means..

I feel like that about Lord of the Rings (your exempt Helen :D )

I dont mind the films, but as LotR's is my all time fav book, since the age of 10, it upsets me that people think the films "are it"...in my opinion, the books offer so much more..the descriptions, the emotions take the story to another level...and the other problem with the films is artist licence...to make a blockbuster, you change bits, and add bits. I appreciate this, but I do think that this makes people beleive the film, and not think about the book..

:D

#19 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Perhaps you can help me understand why a poor retelling of a story "ruins" the original story. I've never understood why people think that. Is it because people who like the original will be assumed to like the retelling and therefore be assumed to have bad taste?

Okay, imagine a version of Robin Hood where there are constant slow motion action replays, exessive modern "media buzzwords" (so the stupid chavs can understand what's going on without having to had it explain to them) and every farmer and peasant is an ex soldier who "knows" that you have to do lots of martial arts poses and make Bruce Lee noises before a medieval english brawl.

And those were the best bits (it got a lot worse). I mean there was the black nun (nothing unusual about that nowadays but surely the characters should've smelled a rat, I mean, as a con woman she could've chosen a more believeable cover).

See my Huge Rant about almost every single episode of this travesty in this thread here.

I dont mind the films, but as LotR's is my all time fav book, since the age of 10, it upsets me that people think the films "are it"...in my opinion, the books offer so much more..the descriptions, the emotions take the story to another level...and the other problem with the films is artist licence...to make a blockbuster, you change bits, and add bits.

Here's my opinion: They're great films. They're absolutely awful films of The Lord of the Rings but they're very good films.

#20 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:55 PM

See my Huge Rant about almost every single episode of this travesty in this thread here.

I'm not going to argue that this particular retelling is good or bad, I'm talking more generally: how does a poor version of a story "ruin" the original? Or maybe I'm coming at it the wrong way. Maybe you mean that it's like someone trying to recreate the Mona Lisa in, say, a modern style and by "updating" all of Leonardo's references and totally botching it. The original isn't ruined, but the recreation is a ruin. Is that what you mean? But then, why is that any sadder than any other failed piece of art?

I'm not meaning to pick on you, I'm interested in understanding. We can take this to private messages if you want, but taking threads off track seems to be the order of the day on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge