28 replies to this topic

#1 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

I just started listening to the Banewarrens. I have some questions about the character blocks posted on the site, but I don't want to come off as a total nit-picker and newbie, especially if maybe the characters are explained later in the recordings. So are polite questions acceptable?

#2 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

Polite questions are always allowed, but ask impolite ones and you'll have Mama Lindsay to deal with. . . :D

Ask, Maybe I can help. . .

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

Ask away :D

I suspect the blocks may not be up to date as I am a lazy slob and have been in the process of moving to America :D

Other than that they are ugly but they work I think!

Hal :hal:

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

Hal,

Could you please create the stat blocks for every character at each level and notate which recordings each version of the characters goes with?

And for WLD too.

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, I can give that a go. Should not take too long once I get my new PC here :P

Its all good fun :D

Hal :hal:

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hal,

Could you please create the stat blocks for every character at each level and notate which recordings each version of the characters goes with?

And for WLD too.

And once your done that Hal could you do a little dance, I will play the music :bagpipe: :twisted:

#7 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

Okay:

The feats for Korgash and Corvan don't seem to work out, in terms of prerequisites and the bonus feats they'd get for their classes. Was something houseruled for them?

#8 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:44 AM

Hmmm. . . tricky to answer without either my notes or a PHB in front of me. I know there weren't any house rules for us though.

You'd need Steve B online to give a definitive answer, but I know in creating Korgash my feats were designed to allow me access to improved trip.

Will check when I get home tonight. :)

#9 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

Hmmm. . . OK hand in the air, I made an error in creating my character :oops:

Checking back, I missed there was a pre-requisite of Int 13 for combat expertise and hence improved trip. Otherwise it would be ok. He has 1 feat for 1st level, one bonus for being human, one for 3rd level, one for 6th, plus the bonus feats of Track and Endurance from being a Ranger

So in answer to your question, there is a mistake in the character stat block for Korgash, but it was unintentional and not a result of house rules, just my careless reading. . . :oops:

Apologies one and all for this. I will take extra tuition from Steve B to ensure this sort of thing does not happen in future. :)

#10 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

Apologies one and all for this. I will take extra tuition from Steve B to ensure this sort of thing does not happen in future. :)

Ah, shoot, don't say that. I'm sorry for coming off as a nitpicking rules lawyer. I haven't listened to all of the episodes yet, but I'm guessing his possession of this feat hasn't proved game breaking. The 13 Intelligence for Combat Expertise one of the dumber requirements out there anyway, since it doesn't contribute to your ability to perform any of the related combat moves, such as Trip or Disarm.

By the way, how were the characters generated? How were the ability scores and starting equipment determined?

#11 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

All was done as standard, can't remember what level we started at, might have been 3rd, but basically we generated characters as per PHB rules, then levelled them up to the requisite level. We were then allowed to select what equipment we would like to buy with an amount of money from the DMG table for wealth of higher level characters.

All out equipment had to go through approval by Hal, but it allowed us to buy the equipment and magic items we felt would be interesting and useful for our characters.

Don't worry about sounding nit-picky, I've heard much worse. :lol:

#12 centauri

centauri

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:50 AM

All was done as standard, can't remember what level we started at, might have been 3rd, but basically we generated characters as per PHB rules, then levelled them up to the requisite level. We were then allowed to select what equipment we would like to buy with an amount of money from the DMG table for wealth of higher level characters.

Interesting. Makes sense. It would get a little tricky, making a high-level character out of whole-cloth, especially when dealing with multi-class characters.

What method was used for determining ability scores?

Don't worry about sounding nit-picky, I've heard much worse. :lol:

Okay, thanks.

#13 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

Tis ok, he was still a shite chatacter...cheating or not!

:D

#14 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Ooooh, she's practicing her trash talk. ;)

#15 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

I think Lindsay had her trash talking down long ago she just needs to translate it now for a American audience. :D

#16 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

You know I almost considered lowering myself to respond to that. Korgash was a fully fleshed out character. It was only his slightly impetuous nature that led him into making decisions that a cooler head might have deemed reckless.

Besides what else was he going to do when the only woman in the party smelt like the bins outside a sushi bar in a low rent part of town. . ? 8O

tag Lindsay x

#17 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

Besides what else was he going to do when the only woman in the party smelt like the bins outside a sushi bar in a low rent part of town. . ? 8O

tag Lindsay x

Only woman?

What about that girly barbarian?

#18 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Isnt he the character that kept dying? Or was that your other character, in a different game? They all blend into one long character of dying-ness...

(you know im joking, right?)

x

#19 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

Well someone had to take the occasional risk or we'd have just sat around doing nothing going "You touch it", "No you touch it". . .

Besides someone has to be self-sacrificing sometimes, it's in my nature to protect the others from the folly of their actions, even though it costs my characters life. . . :)

#20 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:56 AM

I thought he was going for a discount scheme from the Church of Lothian...
"Buy two resurrections, get the third free!"
:twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge