40 replies to this topic

#21 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

I suspect from the lack of response that Tatters has been abandoned. Still, and excellent piece of audio!

#22 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:36 AM

Lack of response mainly as no desicion has yet been made, and if i could get the group together, I would still try and play it.

For those who dont already know, Richard has left the game, having moved away and as we are already playing other games, it's been hard for players (except Helen) to be available.

Our biggest problem is lack of time, and too many things to try and do before we leave.

#23 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:18 AM

It's true enough. Things have been pretty hectic for our budding Keeperette and her Dungeon Master partner. Scheduling regular sessions for Hals game has been hard enough with all of us having commitments we can't shift. :?

Richards unexpected departure also presents a problem as it did for Banewarrens. The elegant solution we employed in BW will probably not be suitable for Tatters so an alternative would be needed.

I would offer to take on Richards persona to facilitate the completion of the project, however I'm mired in all sorts of issues at the moment that mean I'll have very little free time before Christmas (and the big move to the US). :( Plus even if I were able, I think there is probably more than one session of playing time remaining, and there is only just over a week to go. 8O

Sadly I think Tatters will prove to be a casualty of the move preparations. On the plus side, this does raise the possibility of Tatters:2e being recorded once Lindsay & Hal are settled over in Texas. How often are you all going to be offered a second bite of Lindsay's cherry? :wink:

#24 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:35 AM

The elegant solution we employed in BW will probably not be suitable for Tatters so an alternative would be needed.

What, isn't killing him an option?

It IS CoC, after all... Not like it wouldn't happen eventually anyways...

:)

#25 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

The elegant solution we employed in BW will probably not be suitable for Tatters so an alternative would be needed.

Lindsay would need to even have you guys around for one of your characters to accidentally cough a chant tp Cuthulu and poof yuour all dead. :D

#26 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:03 AM

Lindsay would need to even have you guys around for one of your characters to accidentally cough a chant tp Cuthulu and poof yuour all dead. :D

Who's chatacter was it that was kind of a prod?

Just have the group turn and off him... :)

#27 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hell, you don't need a cultist or mythos related explanation for characters disappearing. Happens all the time in real life.

He got a telegram about a sick aunt and left on the last train out last night.

We was run over by a cab.

The entire party was knifed in an alley way for flashing their money and posh attire in the bad part of town.

And of course there is always that tragic illness caused by the "rabbit" stew. :twisted:

#28 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:27 AM

Delayed play-related madness...:cthulhu:

Viole(n)t Davenport demonstrated a vanishing act over drinks one evening, and when she climbed out of the box the WHOLE party had vanished. Fearing a scandal she quietly left the country.
:lop:

#29 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:31 AM

How often are you all going to be offered a second bite of Lindsay's cherry? :wink:

I can't believe I missed this line the first time I read this...

And I can't believe Thing hasn't jumped all over this...

Getting the new job must have mellowed him...

#30 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Viole(n)t Davenport demonstrated a vanishing act over drinks one evening, and when she climbed out of the box the WHOLE party had vanished. Fearing a scandal she quietly left the country.

Much later everyone else return from the washroom after have a bad case of food poisoning from the "rabbit" stew. (It would be really fun for every one continue the story of what happened to the intrepid investigators one line at a time quoting the last line given like I just did to Isis. :D )

#31 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:50 AM

I know Helen would very much like to play Tatters again, even if there's only a week left to go. I listen to the first episode of Tatters on my MP3 player from time to time, it's one of my favourites.

More please if at all possible!

#32 TomBedlam

TomBedlam

Goblin

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:57 AM

For those who dont already know, Richard has left the game, having moved away

If it's not too obtrusive, what happened to Richard? Why the sudden move? I thought his bout of insanity was brilliant and I'm sad to see him go.

#33 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:28 PM

Is Richard the chap who acted mad so well during Tatters?

I think I'm losing track of who's who.

#34 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:37 PM

Maybe he wasn't Acting :D

#35 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

Richard moved away from Bradford quite suddenly. We only found out a few days before he left. He's now living in London.

The Tatters books are not yet packed, and we ship tomorrow so there is hope.

You guys have all made me feel really awful for not being able to run it...I know I havent had chance to but I feel like I should have tried even harder... :(

#36 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

Don't feel bad Lindsay its not your fault, but I think as responsible fans of this site we should try and end the story ourselves through some sort of collaborative story telling as I mentioned earlier. :D

#37 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

Don't feel bad Lindsay... You ran a great first game, and life just got in the way. It wasn't anyone's fault but Richard's (kidding... it was no one's fault)...

We know it wasn't your choice to not finish it. We know you really wanted to. That counts for a heck of a lot...

Now hurry up and move so you can find a group to run it for HERE...

#38 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:38 PM

No pressure Lindsay. The first episode of Tatters was grand and you ran it just fine, but your prepping for the move and life in general should defiantly take precedence.

That said another helping would go down grand. And if you do, just make Hal keep up with his character Drink for drink. ;)

#39 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:48 PM

And if you do, just make Hal keep up with his character Drink for drink. ;)

Why not just rip out his liver and send it through the meat-grinder instead, and save the time? :)

#40 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

And if you do, just make Hal keep up with his character Drink for drink. ;)

Why not just rip out his liver and send it through the meat-grinder instead, and save the time? :)

I don't think that would be as amusing on audio,

Unless you are a real sicko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge