35 replies to this topic

#21 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

They gopt slash dotted for starting WLD they should get slash dotted again for completing it and start Ptolus (another large one)

#22 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

They gopt slash dotted for starting WLD they should get slash dotted again for completing it and start Ptolus (another large one)

Whoa, large one.

Get it?

#23 Cadallin

Cadallin

Raven

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:27 AM

I hate that I know this but:

Slashdotting is not getting a news item posted on Slashdot. Its what happens to servers after said posting on slashdot. Hal said in one of the sessions about what happened the first time RPGMP3.com was linked to on Slashdot, "it collapsed the site in about half an hour." That's a slashdotting, when a website becomes unavailable because the server has been taken out by the strain of millions of geeks trying to access the site.

Sorry, I've been of a horribly pedantic mind lately.

#24 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:59 AM

I hate that I know this but:

Slashdotting is not getting a news item posted on Slashdot. Its what happens to servers after said posting on slashdot. Hal said in one of the sessions about what happened the first time RPGMP3.com was linked to on Slashdot, "it collapsed the site in about half an hour." That's a slashdotting, when a website becomes unavailable because the server has been taken out by the strain of millions of geeks trying to access the site.

Sorry, I've been of a horribly pedantic mind lately.

Yes, you have. It's missing the point, as well.

#25 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:11 AM

And either way it happened about 18 months ago! :P

#26 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:13 AM

Much like what happens when Penny Arcade puts up a link to any website...

Of course, they call it "wanging the servers"... Different class of folk, I suppose... :)

#27 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for that explination Cadallin it makes sense!

I still think my badge idea is the best way to identify other roleplayers - (other than to tattoo 'roleplayer' on your forehead, which is a tad extreme).

All I have to figure out is how to do curved text in Paint Shop Pro 8...

#28 angbandaddict

angbandaddict

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:49 AM

I've tried pimping the site in a number of ways but apparently, they are not considered legal, and I have been advised to stop

:wink:

You could easliy promote the site on the Slice of Sci Fi or Micheal and Evo Winging it Podcasts.

They are requesting material for their program or since you and Hal meet certain criteria
you may be able to plug the site on their voicemail show.

Criteria
1 You are English
Most of the hosts have a fetish on foriegn accents.
The moderator of the forums is a patriotic Scot who is still angry at the English. It would
be funny if Balazzar called in to rile the moderator.

2 You are coming to the US
Payola. If you bring them local alcohol or candy they would reall enjoy that. Also British
Sci Fi, Evo only started watching Red Dwarf and has never seen Blake 7.

3 Evo has a big ego. If you said you learned the basics on podcasting from his book
Podcasting for Dummies that might go well.

The main site is www.farpointmedia.net They have different shows each with their own addresses to send mp3 files or voicemail.

#29 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

2 You are coming to the US
Payola. If you bring them local alcohol or candy they would reall enjoy that. Also British
Sci Fi, Evo only started watching Red Dwarf and has never seen Blake 7.

Hey, I haven't seen it either, and you don't see ME asking for them to bring me some, do you?

BTW, Hal... So long as you're coming to the states.... ;)

#30 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

I was going to make a thread but something echoed in my head: 'IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN TO POST A NEW ONE.'

I'll admit, I post in many other forums.
I'd be glad to have a banner for RPGMP3 in my signature linking to the site if someone made one.

#31 Nauthiz

Nauthiz

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCold Snowy Michigan.... *sigh*

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

The one at the top of the website works pretty good as far as banners go. Or were you looking for something a little smaller?

#32 CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Like this:
Posted Image
I'm thinking of having a little banner for every forum I frequent on my signature, and I'd like to put RPGMP3 on there as well. I think many people would also like to see a little banner like that.

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Whenever Hero Games mulls over podcasting, as it is in fact doing so right now, I treat them to a mention of rpgmp3. They have a LOT of members so this surely must be a good thing!

Like this! (once you get to page 2 that is...) :D

#34 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for the promotion!

#35 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

Whenever Hero Games mulls over podcasting, as it is in fact doing so right now, I treat them to a mention of rpgmp3. They have a LOT of members so this surely must be a good thing!

Like this! (once you get to page 2 that is...) :D

I do a similar thing any time some one brings up RPGs in my presents I name drop RPGMP3 I don't know if it has worked yet but I will keep it up. :D

#36 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:59 AM

I do a similar thing any time some one brings up RPGs in my presents I name drop RPGMP3 I don't know if it has worked yet but I will keep it up. :D

I bet your co-workers just love playing Secret Santa with you at Christmas. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge