• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 Will_Save

Will_Save

Kobold

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:00 AM

Firstly i would like to say sorry to Hal for what I'm about to say, I've enjoyed all the audio postings on this site and all the hard work you put into it.

I'm sorry I feel I can nolonger listen to the Banewaren game due the actions inactions or boredom of one particular person.

The constant whing and moaning from this person is grating and frustrating, if you don't believe me listen to own recordings. I'll give you 2 examples, from Ep4 this person decided not to speak for 1/2 an hour or so. From Ep5 this person said they were bored and did not want to play.

This person is very childish and selfish, not thinking of Hal and the other players.

Once again I'm sorry for this Hal, good luck with the future.

#2 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:07 AM

Assuming your meaning me, as you have in the past posted about me..all im prepare to say is a lot of my humour is missed on audio and i think you may have missed the fact that i have been quite sick recently, and so playing has been a bit hard for me.

I cant beleive that im having to justify myself like this...this has both upset and offended me, and i certainly dont need that right now.

I find it sad that i contribute so much to this site, and sacrifice a lot of time with my husband and i keep getting slatted for being myself..

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

I am afraid to say that if you are meaning Lindsay then your apology is not accepted. She works very hard for the site doing something to entertain all of you for free and now receives criticism?

It has to be said that certain intonation and inflection if lost on audio recording, especially when recording a whole room with background noise and other people talking. Lindsay is by nature quite quiet and finds it quite a challenge to be recorded in the first place. I do not appreciate this attack at all!

It is extremely hard to turn your hobby into a business. It is even harder to do it for almost no financial gain at all (as seen by the plight of Yog). It is hard to open up your playing style and your personal lives to the general public for them to pick to bits and discuss.

It is however, not difficult to sit about and take and take and take and criticise, belittle and deride.

You may forget that we are all friends and we know each other very well. Our little foibles do not have the same effect on us as they may appear to come across on the audio.

You may not be aware but Lindsay has been signed off sick from work for almost a month now and is dealing with the monumental task of moving to a new country while dealing with a frightening and debilitating condition. I will no tolerate an attack on her or any of the other players.

You opinion is noted. You have managed to upset my wife, someone without whom this site would not even exist. She tries to keep the forums running and deals with problems. She prods me to deal with the audio when all I want to do is curl up in front of the tv after work. She gives up a great deal of her own time to produce, what can only be described as the first and some of the best roleplaying audio you can find (not that there is all that much).

You comments are not appreciated and they are not constructive. If they were designed to be inflamitory then you have succeeded in making me extremely angry. This kind of pointless commenting and meaningless opionion is how people become isolated even on the internet. It is a shame that you could not have been more supportive and constructive as it would have made you appear as a bigger person than you clearly are.

I do not need luck for the future. I have a wonderful wife and can make things happen for myself. I think it is you that needs the luck, so you can keep it!

Hal :hal:

#4 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

I'm not sure whether everyone was aware of Lindsay being ill.

However Will_Save, that doesn't justify your post. It was quite frankly rude, and I wonder whether you'd have posted it if the person you had a problem with was male.

You have every right to stop listening, just don't be an ar*se about it.

#5 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:22 PM

*cough*

Wow...

Just.... Wow...

Apparently the threads upon threads about Lindsay being sick, about the out-laws coming for a good number of days, the impending move to - of all places - Texas...

Now, I don't think it was the fact that she's female caused you to post this...

I think it was the fact that it's the internet... I suspect that you are not so socially retarded as to say this sort of crap to someone's face...

Yeah, I poke Lindsay more than she deserves at times... But I hope that she knows It's meant in good fun, and that she's have told me to go screw off if it bugged her (or Hal would just Ban me, one of the two).

You were just ignorant and mean... Seriously... Drink some Drain-O... Do me that favor, would you?

#6 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

Firstly i would like to say sorry to Hal for what I'm about to say, I've enjoyed all the audio postings on this site and all the hard work you put into it.

I'm sorry I feel I can nolonger listen to the Banewaren game due the actions inactions or boredom of one particular person.

The constant whing and moaning from this person is grating and frustrating, if you don't believe me listen to own recordings. I'll give you 2 examples, from Ep4 this person decided not to speak for 1/2 an hour or so. From Ep5 this person said they were bored and did not want to play.

This person is very childish and selfish, not thinking of Hal and the other players.

Once again I'm sorry for this Hal, good luck with the future.

In spite of the fear of getting a troll icon on my profile I would just like to say FUCK OFF AND DON'T BOTHER POSTING EVER AGAIN YOU STUPID FUCKER. :evil: When you have recorded and posted 100+ hours and to the net of role playing, that keeps peoples intrest like this site has you will have earned the right to make fucking stupid comments like you just have until that time go play in traffic.

#7 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:20 AM

Hmmmm. . . Not noted for my temper so I'll keep it in check and remain rational, no matter how eloquently I feel Keener has made the point. :(

Lindsay has been recording for longer than I have, and she gave me a few pointers about being more overt with my comments after I was a bit quiet in BW-001. She has played consistently through WLD and is now GM'ing what I think is her second or third game ever in front of a lot of people she cares about the opinion of. (I feel you are no longer in this category).

I'm not going to drone on about Lindsay's condition, except to add that it is more debilitating than I realised when I first heard about it. Since then I have had first-hand experience of how hard it is for her to function sometimes. Those of you who curl up on the sofa with some Advil when you have a headache will just have to take it on faith that the high-dose pain-killers she does take, barely bring the pain down to a severe migraine level. :(

In a couple of Banewarrens recordings it has been clear Lindsay was wilting, and on those occasions, the rest of us have elected to continue to a smooth break point and cover for Morwen. We wouldn't choose to do this lightly as we respect Lindsays control over her own characters destiny, yet we are also conscious of wanting play to remain as smooth as possible with our disparate social and work schedules.
If you have listened to the whole of BW you will realise just how much Lindsay has actually contributed. Without her presence the tone of the game would be vastly different, and in my opinion poorer.

So finally Will_Save, if you have never been ill, had a sick family member or friend, then I'm happy for you. Enjoy this lack of life's curveballs while it lasts. Lindsay is our friend, and we all care more about looking out for her than we do about placating the sole member of the board who seems to have a problem.

Like Hal said, we don't do personal attacks, and we do look after our own. :x

#8 N-kun

N-kun

Stirge

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationBradford UK

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:14 AM

Well said Steve

I really dont see what justification you could have will for critisising someone who gives up a lot of her time and works hard, both in sessions and in preperation by organising the players to meet, to bring you the recordings for free. Even if you didnt know about her illness and by some miracle didnt realise that both Lindsay and Hal are going through the process of one of the most stressful times in someones life, moving home, exaserbated by the fact that it is a move over thousands of miles to a new country, its still a most callous and uncondonable thing to do.

The fact that you chose to critisise her in such a public way and to do it without any form of constructive effort at all suggests that you did it simply to be antagonistic and as such you obviously like to upset people. This seems to be a particularly nasty way to reward the people who bring us all so much entertainment. Since you have managed to alienate most of them I do believe that they would welcome your ceasing to listen and I for one hope the door does hit you in the ass on the way out and that it has spikes on it.

N

#9 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

Like Hal said, we don't do personal attacks

The fuck we don't...

Will, you fucking suck...

Catch on fire, and die...

#10 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:33 AM

This seems to be a particularly nasty way to reward the people who bring us all so much entertainment. Since you have managed to alienate most of them I do believe that they would welcome your ceasing to listen and I for one hope the door does hit you in the ass on the way out and that it has spikes on it.

N

Yes, and guess who spiked the effin door? Maybe a sneaky little halfling? :D

Hope we never see Will around again. Even if he DIDN'T know about her illness, frankly, anyone who's stupid enough NOT to recognize Lindsay's sense of humor isn't really intelligent enough to appreciate anything on this site. Maybe he'll go back to playing with strings with his cats. It may be a form of entertainment that he understands more readily.

#11 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

I haven't been able to post a lot the last couple of weeks, but I had to pop in on this one. I know not everyone obsessively reads every thread like us patrons, but both Lindsay's condition and "the move" have permeated just about every topic in the forums for the past few weeks. There was more than enough opportunity for a regular poster to know what was going on.

And please, nobody pipe in with "oh, you guys are just playing favorites" or "You're just protecting the girl". Sorry, we're just standing up for what's right. Maybe the original poster felt he was justified in his comments, or maybe he was just having a bad day himself, but at the end of the day his comments don't hold up.

#12 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:59 AM

Actually, I don't care if people say we're playing favorites, or "protecting the girl"...

Cause we are, damnit, and I for one am proud of it. I'm playing favorites because, well, Lindsay's my favorite (sorry Hal... She sounds cuter... :P), and as for protecting the girl?

Well, god knows Will's shown himself to be enough of a bitch... Suppose we should start protecting him...

Not...

However, the fact that some of us are playing favorites (I suspect Hal may be a tad-bit fond of Lindsay) doesn't change the fact that Will was just plain WRONG...

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

And I say again...

Will, catch on fire and die...

#13 nittanyjohn

nittanyjohn

Mostly Harmless

• Patrons
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNext town over from Arkham, MA

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:08 PM

Though my number of posts are limited because I usually know what to say I am compelled to pile on.

Will_save, you're old enough to know better to do what you did.

I like Lindsay, and wish her to get well soon. And not to play favorites, I like Hal. I like Finn. I like the Steve's. I like Richard. I like the folks on the Yoggie 'casts. Heck, I even like Paul. :D I appriciate the effort they put into this endeavor as I'm not involved in an RPG group at the moment so this how I get my Jones.

I don't like people who make trouble for the sake of making trouble.

-john

#14 mk

mk

Goblin

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:53 PM

This is why I'd want to play with you guys once you've moved out here to Texas. You're friends first. Been involved in too many backbiting groups to count. Hope you feel better, Lindsay. I know what it's like being sick. Thanks for the mention in the recent public Banewarrens cast. :?

#15 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

Dramas! I still love you folks. It's things like this that are likely to drive me to donate. :P

Will probably drive me to donate, if I decide I don't mind a PayPal account. Damn you and your bitching, Will. And like mk says, hope you feel better Linds. :(

#16 DeTheGreat

DeTheGreat

Goblin

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSVille, Texas, USA

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

Aye. Get well soon.

And I won't pile on to WS too much. As the fact of the matter is that until they were waist deep into it, I wasn't aware that they were moving. And while I've known that Lindsay has been ill, I've yet to hear anything about what it was/is and how bad it a case it is. Yes, odds are it's been plastered over 23 threads on the boards. However I don't read every thread. I don't read half of them. I only read the ones that look interesting. So I probably missed it. And that means I can sympathise with him... almost.

It was still wrong to publicly call someone out like that. You should have simply stopped listening. Go listen to the sessions of other games or something. But not that. THAT was what was wrong about this. Not the ignorance about the situation. But that you publicly called out someone who's volunteering time effort and energy. For THAT... I say shame on you.

#17 Madmoose

Madmoose

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

Like many of you i was appalled to here the comments made towards Linsay. I feel from listening to these recordings i have come to know the crew of RPGMP3 as friends. Not only do we get to here the roleplay side of things but on many occasions we get an incite into their lives, something that i really enjoy.
I do not think that a response to Will_Save's comments are necessary as most of what i have to say would involve degrading someone, (Something thing that is not in my nature, unlike certain people)

LINSAY just know that there are people that care for you and appricate what you, Hal and the rest of the group have done for us .

I certainly hope that the comments do not deter you from continuing the games because i especially look forward to more recordings of Tatters of the King :lol:

#18 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:07 PM

Heck yah! Screw BW... More Tatters, and the best Keeper there is!

Ooooooooooo

Definately need to make sure Hal and Lindsay go to GenCon in '07...

So I can hear them describe just how much like Hell Texas is in the summer (Fin, Paul and Neil thought Indy was hot? Mwahahahaha!!!)

And I only degrade people who deserve it, thank you very much... I'm very picky about who I loose even a pertion of my weapons-grade vocabulary upon...

#19 Madmoose

Madmoose

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:13 AM

And I only degrade people who deserve it, thank you very much... I'm very picky about who I loose even a pertion of my weapons-grade vocabulary upon..

Dude i hope that you did not think i was refering to you swj719. I was refering to Will Save's comments of Lindsay.

Sorry if i offended :wink:

#20 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:34 AM

I'm very picky about who I loose even a pertion of my weapons-grade vocabulary upon...

It's so cute that you don't believe you are still running around with safety scissors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge