#1 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:33 AM

B*gger. I was 20 seconds too late getting to the stronghold! :(

Ah well, when we recreate it. do we want to move where we live?

#2 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:02 AM

I wonder if this is those barricade bastards. They seem a bit agressive, at least in securing resources.

#3 TrojanDuck

TrojanDuck

Toad

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

Their stronghold had been located between our place and the hospital a week ago. They are now at Captain Clucky's in Poco. One of my characters is in that faction.

# Sidra2099 said, "Shadow Pack. Attack Dungeon on in approx 2 hours, 08:00. move out!" (Wed, 04 Oct 2006 01:36:20 -0500)
# Your faction honor has decreased by 15 points thanks to Sidra2099! (Wed, 04 Oct 2006 04:30:53 -0500)
# Sidra2099 said, "damn. Didn't take us back down to level 7." (Wed, 04 Oct 2006 04:32:09 -0500)

If I had got online during that two-hour window, we might have had a warning. Damn! I guess you can't put too much faith in the alignment of other factions. Sidra2099 is the founder of the 77th ARC so it wasn't the action of a few rogue warriors. I think Yosemite Sam needs to find a new faction. I hate having one of my character's faction killing another of my characters.

Why would a faction's founder want its level to go down? Psycho!

#4 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

It's not really a crazy thing to want; the higher your faction's level, the better a target you become for bigger factions. 'S bad news for your stronghold's lifespan.

As for advance warning: Dungeon ON is a pretty small faction, so I'm not that worried about it, but if you have characters in larger factions you should be very careful not to share that kind of information with the defending group. Even if you're in it. It's bad karma alt-abuse juju, and might get your characters booted from both organizations. :?

'S just a warning about how the game is played atm.

#5 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:50 AM

Does that mean we want to a Good, but not too Good, faction?

#6 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

If you mean in terms of morality, I'd say really Good factions are quite a bit safer than neutral and evil ones because having a high morality makes us a poorer target for other Good factions. It's certainly not an ironclad defense, but even angels who hit other angels need to do it rarely enough to stay above 20 MO in order to retain their powers.

In terms of our faction level, I really don't know. We do have a low membership, so hitting level 8 would likely subject us to all sorts of mass murderings. Not really much risk of that, though. Levels 5-6 seem to be working out fine on my end, whatcha think?

#7 DuskDragon

DuskDragon

Raven

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

I guess I shouldn't have stayed the night there...

#8 arvis

arvis

Kobold

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV, USA

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:45 PM

So where will the new 'Hold be?

#9 Sacrath

Sacrath

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:49 PM

Somewhere away from the Barricaders Guild of Valhalla.

#10 DuskDragon

DuskDragon

Raven

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

That would probally be for the best.

#11 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

I didn't spend much time in the SH, so I don't really have a clear picture of what resources specifically were being blocked off by the Barricades of Choking Doom. S'pose you fellers could enlighten me?

#12 dunjar

dunjar

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

I don't know if specific resources were being blockaded - more like blockades were just being placed all over to be annoying/hamper general movement. I scouted a bit this morning around that same area and it again appeared that blockades had been thrown up simply to make it difficult moving around the west side of harper's.

It may be worth considering Poco Marquez again - it is more crowded (with other SHs) but I've always (when we were on Harper's) been able to go to the fields NW of the Poco bridge and infuse with little to no interference with other factions.

Himlys

#13 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

Ah, si. I remain perfectly happy with Poco; it's a lovely place. If we can get some consensus on the subject I'll cheerfully set up a stronghold there.

#14 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

Anywhere in particular on Poco we thinking of?

(For Maddy in the unlikely event that she either rezes there, or has enough moves to get there + 20APs)

#15 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

I'm inclined to say by the ferry, but that might make infusion difficult. Maybe just across the bridge would be reasonable, but that could do with some investigation by people with sense magic/psychometry.

#16 neongrey

neongrey

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanadia

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:23 PM

eh, just infuse somewhere else randomly.

#17 dunjar

dunjar

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

My vote is for just SW of the Poco bridge, at least as of 12 hours ago there were not many SHs in the area, there is a hospital close by and the ferry, obelisk, book shop/library, and gun shop remain relatively close across the bridge.

#18 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

I'm happy with that, Dun. Let's give the voting a day, just in case someone has a particularly brilliant alternative.

#19 neongrey

neongrey

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanadia

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

I'm particularly fond of the Caldera Sea-- there are some cottages immediately between the portal and a smithy, but it's a little out of the way for targets.

#20 Sacrath

Sacrath

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationIrving, TX

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

I am good with Dun's sugestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge