Goblin

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationEast Yorkshire

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:47 AM

I used to play CoC (oo-er) years ago.
Was a fun game.
Do people still got mad?

I once winged a huge story revolving around a nasty fishing town.

Always found it hard to work out which inventions and stuff was around in the CoC time though....

#22 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

I finished listening to it about 3 hours ago.

I so love you guys.

#23 zorgling25

zorgling25

Toad

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:21 PM

I must confess that I have NEVER played Cthulhu. However, I still look forward to listening to this audio.

#24 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

Very good. Lindsay, you managed the game quite well. :) And it sounds like it's going to be a fun group. I demand more! ;)

#25 papakee

papakee

Toad

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:07 PM

Midway through listening and its very good. I really like the way the players jumped in and took the role of NPCs. I have played game where an assistant GM would step in as an NPC, but never thought of letting the players do it for minor personalities. A good idea that will really help my games has come out of this audio. KUDOS.

#26 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

I dunno... I fine the maid's voice a lil creapy... :)

#27 Phneri

Phneri

Goblin

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Oddly enough I just finished a short story that dealt with this exact Mythos piece (the sanity-draining play of DOOM). I'll have to dig that anthology out again now.

Thanks for the new audio goodies. You have no idea how often this keeps me sane when I'm spending 50-60 hours a week auditing thousands of pages of legal blah so people with no credit can get hosed on a loan refinance.

And my coworkers have no idea why I randomly laugh hysterically in the middle of the day with my headphones on. I think between this and the beaver testicle rant in the Banewarrens they're half ready to have me committed.

#28 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

LMFAO...

Yeah... I remember that one... *snicker*

Poor Lindsay, having to put up with these people...

Christ, she MARRIED one (i suspect she was drugged)...

There have been many, many times I have had to bite my tounge LITTERALLY to stop from bursting out laughing on the bus ride to school (i swear that insane old crow has issues with ANY noise... she's BATTY i tell you)...

I'm sure people wonder why I smirk most of the ride home...

1/2 through 38 of WLD...

Then I have some stuff for YSDC to listen to... *sigh*

Lindsay, I hope you DO take time off to get better... Do you have any idea how much my other podcasts are suffering because I can't listen to them??

#29 greenguy

greenguy

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:45 AM

As a non-patron I have to say I liked it. Especally the I have metal lodged in my head but its not shrapnel. :)

#30 mk

mk

Goblin

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:16 PM

What do the non-Patrons think? Anyone had a chance to listen to it yet?

:D

Hal :hal:

It's a good start. Lindsay seems like she'll be capable as a Keeper. Masks over on Y-S.com was a good re-introduction to CoC. It'll be fun to listen to another take on the game and its world.

#31 Madmoose

Madmoose

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:14 AM

Hey Lindsay :wink:

Just finished listening to the first session of the Tatters of the King

Congratulations on the DMing. I am quiet the fan. Dming is hard but CoC is probably the hardest. Doing fantastic. :P

Love the group , having a hard time keeping a straight face when i listen to it.

Cant wait to hear whats to come. :P

#32 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the kind words, nice to know all my fear and scard-ness was worth it.

No, seriously, i thought i was going to die of "The Fear" :oops:

#33 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the kind words, nice to know all my fear and scard-ness was worth it.

That's the players job. ;)

#34 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:07 PM

Ah, but after a while, you start to crave the fear, court it, nuture it... and that's when you get caught walking naked down the central reservation of the M1... :P

#35 Madmoose

Madmoose

Raven

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:29 AM

Lindsay Glad i could help with the kind words. There are many more were that came from.

Just remember

Fear leads to Hate, Hate leads to Anger, Anger leads to Fear.. no no thats not it. Try that again

Fear lead to Hate, Hate leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hunger, Hunger leads to the refrigerator.. Ah close enough :lol:

Keep up the awesome work

and like THING said it is the players job to know the fear, so make them pay. :wink:

#36 MattSheridan

MattSheridan

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, US

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

Aw, hey! Great American accent, Lindsay! After Masks of Nyarlathotep, I'd been convinced you guys couldn't do that! As swj719 said, you came off sounding more like a valley girl than an educated novelist from Texas--which made the character incredibly unlikeable--but you definitely pulled off "American".

And Hal: Great goddamned character. Utter asshole, but definitely great.

And whoever went insane--I'm a little fuzzy on which military man it was--did it beautifully. Great improvised weirdness.

I'm so glad the long-promised new game is Call of Cthulhu. As the Masks podcast demonstrated, the tendency for things to go very badly for the PCs can make this game of eldrich horror completely hilarious.

EDIT: Oh, my mistake. I just got to episode 22 of Masks, and it turns out that Helen and Abi can also do excruciating--and completely convincing--valley girl dialects. Jesus, what horrible movies are you people watching?

#37 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

Here here...

Group of people...

Add in some Eldrich horrors...

Stir in a dash of totaly bird shit insane, and watch the hilarity insue...

#38 Mikeythorn

Mikeythorn

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

Apologies for cross-posting from Yog-Sothoth.com.

Having just played through Tatters myself I really enjoyed listening to your first session.

Lindsay - you are doing a great job. The only slight piece of criticism I might have (and it is very slight) is that your speeches and description all seem to start with an apology for not doing it right. Save your apologies for when you actually screw up! I especially enjoyed your Talbot, and I don't just mean the accent. He seemed to give the first session just the right tone of dislocation and unease.

The only other slightly odd thing about your game is that thanks to deaths, madness and a GM's insistence that we play with a narrative coherence (ie no new characters turning up and saying "your party looks like it needs a wizard, mind if I join you?") I ended spending most of our campaign playing Jean Hewart. It was VERY unsettling to hear Hal/Paul flirt with her.

#39 HisDivineShadow

HisDivineShadow

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:28 AM

I'm looking forward to this - but I can't find a direct download link. :(

Can I try posting here?

#40 Hal

Hal

Site Owner