• Create Account
Photo

Do we want to change what our faction's secondary focus is?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we want to change what our faction's secondary focus is? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want to change what our faction's secondary focus is?

1. Scavenging: grant all members a percentage bonus to all search attempts they make (currently we have this) (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Medical: grant all members an amount of extra HP healed with every healing skill they employ (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. Crafting: grant all members an AP reduction bonus for all crafting skill uses (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Repairing: grant all members an AP reduction bonus for all repair skill uses (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:22 AM

OK we currently have scavaging as our option...

Medical adds 2 hps, crafting and repairing removes 1 ap.

There's also

Attack: grant all members a percentage hit bonus to all attack rolls they make
Defensive: grant all members a percentage bonus to their defense (chance to avoid being damaged when attacked)

But as they only add 1% as a 6th lvl faction, they seem a bit sh*t...

Personally, as we're a good faction and healing=xp, I think medical is best, but what do you think viewers? :P

#2 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

I'd quite like more Search bonus as I already have First Aid but as its only 1% bonus(?) it doesn't seem to matter which secondary we have.
Perhaps Defence (I get splatted a lot :( ); the Damage bonus does seem to make a bit of difference in hitting evil ppl. I presume the faction bonus increases as the faction levels?

#3 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:57 AM

If you have 1st aid, having medical would mean you'd heal 12 rather than 10 hps per FAK...

Having search means you add 1% to your total search skill..

#4 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:59 AM

Primary bonus would change when we're a lvl 10 faction (yeah, right!)

Secondary would change at lvl 8 for most things.

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:05 AM

I am not overly bothered at this point. I have both First Aid and a big axe :D

I have also been out and about doing a little infusing. I must say these walls nearby are getting a bit annoying. Perhaps we need to smash those down :P Then we can see who we have nearby.

Time for some recon I think. Then we can make some alliances and target the weak (and of course evil) factions nearby :P

Hal :hal:

#6 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

The walls are seriously ticking me off. I tried a little island hopping for an XP run and couldn't even cross the bridge over on Poco. How do you get rid of the things?

As for the bonus, I'll take whatever. I've already got the Medical skill and am about 3 points away from the next skill level, so I'm fine healing-wise. Well on the way to Shepherd if the f***ing walls would get out of the way!

#7 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

Walls are definately annoying!

I just like the extra xp that you get for 1 AP. One of my other characters is in a healing primary faction. With surgery, he heals 28 hits per FAK. Not bad for 1 ap.

Strangely, he's levelled VERY quickly! :D

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:35 AM

I have an axe, which is the perfect solution to the walls. If I want to spend the points I can get Structural Engineering which allows me to build the walls as well as take them down!

But for now I will hack at them with axes :D

#9 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

Medical is nice, but I find the consumable FAKs a bit annoying. The nice bit about search at least is it seems an activity that everyone performs.

#10 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

I've been carrying around an axe for days. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

#11 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

I am happy with medical or searching.

#12 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

Edited to remove repeat

#13 arvis

arvis

Kobold

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV, USA

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:08 AM

Medical sems best as we have a lot of defenseless first level characters. Searching is useful but there is an abundance of stuff at the Stronghold and more stuff means more opportunities to repair, which uses up a considerable amount of AP (in shorter supply than HP). I am currently bouncing back and forth to the gun shop and the stronghold as fast as my AP will allow. I am trying to keep up with repairing all of the items. What is everyone else doing?

#14 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:55 AM

Spending most of my time applying a chainsaw to random faces in a responsible and productive manner. Medical sounds like a productive secondary for the non-combatant types, but it'll be a while before we can change it. 'Nother week or somesuch, I think, right?

#15 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:30 AM

Cannot change the secondary focus to Medical yet! Have to wait a week from the last change apparently!

I have been out axing the walls down so we should be able to move around a little better!

We keep going up and down with out Karma, need to figure out who is infusing our areas are beat the crap out of them! :P

#16 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

Does yout to hit increase besides your character buying into melee combat or such?

supposedly I have a 10% to hit chance with most of me weapons but I've gone through 18 swings at somebody without connecting. Makes it a bit discouraging to go after combat XP.

#17 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

Any of the melee skills up it by alot (15 or 20%) to start with.

And don't forget, if you're trying to hit with melee weapons, if your opponent has dodge & martial arts, that takes off your skill. You could actually be attacking with a 0% chance to hit... :O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge