11 replies to this topic

#1 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:38 AM

Based on our faction's current level, it might be reasonable to consider juggling our bonuses around. Search is about as universally useful a skill as there is, but the effects of a 3-4 point boost is relatively minimal when compared to another point of damage for melee classes, or saving a few AP for crafters & repairers. Specifically I'd suggest a Damage primary and Search (or Repair) secondary while we're still a small faction without any real crafters, but that's just my vote. It'd be interesting to hear other opinions, as our bonuses are a pretty malleable thing.

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:32 AM

I will give the suggestion of Damage - Search a try and see if you like it :D

We can always change it back if we hate it :D

Hal :hal:

It's done! We now have 2 to Damage and 1 on Seach as Faction bonues, also we seem to only be on 59 karma :(

Hal :hal:

#3 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

Sorry that might be my falt I am having a hard time find people to hit that aren't good.

#4 swj719

swj719

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Yeah... My bad... But I'm lvl 1... I'll attack anyone I think I can hit... I'll worry about morality later...

#5 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

Sorry that might be my falt I am having a hard time find people to hit that aren't good.

I'm having a bit of that problem myself.

Being 1st level, I don' feel confident trying to fight high level baddies unless I wonder onto them while they are very wounded and most of the 1st level people I have seen still seem to not have slid below the -20 limit to become irrevocably evil. It seems the idea of taking sample swings at folk and backing off if you get a -1 to your morality is a rather slow way to drift to evil.

That said I just got one of my other characters back up to -5, although he is going to die as I ran him to -9 AP restoring power to a powerplant and I know he will be wacked before he gets enough AP to move and hide.l

#6 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

For those who are struggling a bit a 1st level, why not go on a badge tour to pick up enough for a new skill? (see the badge map)

If you die at 1st level, you only need 1ap to rez, and having 2 skills can mean you have sense morality etc as well as a combat skill, or 1st aid and search.

#7 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hmmm, I can't seem to see any actual badge locations on the map in ie or Opera, at least for the maps of Valhala.

I did stuble across the original Captain Cluckys and got that badge as it is very close to the current stronghold.

#8 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:18 PM

In firefox there are little yellow squares...

#9 Face

Face

Fancypants Snaptackle

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationTexas. Yup.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

That's strange, I can see the lil' squares in my FF and IE. There's a lil' link down at the bottom of the page that mentions IE and Opera trouble, and leads you to an older version. Maybe that'd help some.

Oh, and as for leveling... First, it's important to note that the faction's level doesn't really relate to your character's level, except in tangentials like the ability to infuse (purify) and/or raid other factions. So don't feel like you're slowing Dungeon On down by not leveling like the wind, it's just not how the system works.

Second, I would say that collecting badges is an excellent way to start a character, if you're into that sort of thing. Additionally, if the map above doesn't work for you, several people around here have badge lists in .txt or something and we're happy to share. I wouldn't really agree that Sense Morality makes a good early game skill and would recommend an advancement in your primary exp-gathering skill instead (combat, healing, crafting, whatever), but that's just me. I certainly don't believe that taking Sense Morality early is a detriment to your character, it's just not my thing.

Third, I'd say beat the crap out of any low morality character you find. Whether or not you can kill them is a bit irrelevant, as you're either going to end your day by retreating to the SH and sleeping or remaining outside and getting killed -- which, for a level 1-5 character, is nearly painless anyway. Obviously if their armor is so thick that you can't do more that 1-2 damage you might consider finding another body to beat on, but don't let their level be a deterrent in and of itself. This is just one of those games that involves a lot of respawning, particularly in the beginning. ;)

... Oh, and ah, if your morality is getting too close to -20 for comfort, take a moment to scrounge up some FAKs in the local hospital. Using those on injured people will net you some friendly karma, and it'll keep you from having to fight back up from full-blown Evil. That's a bastard.

#10 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Oh yeah, I was being an idiot about the maps.

I was looking at the alternate maps that are just .png files with no markers for badges apparently.

#11 yetian

yetian

Raven

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

If you want fast xp at early levels get first aid. :) Works a treat and ups your morality. :)

#12 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:20 AM

Definately ditto what yetian said. If you fully advance up the healing tree, you can heal serious amounts of damage with a FAK, which means potentially 20+ xp for 1 ap :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge