#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

It's Yorkton Gamer Guild week here in the monkeyhouse:

Posted Image

Those of you who haven't listened to the Ptolus recordings yet: Try them, they're very well balanced and a pleasant audio experience, not to mention entertaining (the sheer amount of BS that Chevy gets away with is EPIC :D).

Considering that the party contains a near-blind old coot, a paladin-polymorphed-into-halfling whose eyes are level with everyone else's buttcheeks, a dwarven alchemist who navigates by smell ("Dwarven ale! This way!"), you might consider renaming them Team Myopic. ;)

Or, if the lovely ladies Silver and Blaze feel left out: Team Myopic Mule. :twisted:

EDIT: Will the beauteous Blaze and sorcerous Silver convince the strapping young goldsmith's apprentice that they're not witches, goodness no, and he's in no risk of being turned into some hideous vermin, like a rat or a halfling? Will Kryton AKA Blindey ever get the obtuse shop owner to give him a refund on his busted shield? Will Chevy get to savor his second portion of Pork Mix? Find out NOW, in the second thrill-a-minute installment of Ptolus!

Posted Image

EDIT: "Step in the circle, damn you, gnome!" Scant minutes after the Delvers' Guild explained their frat initiation methods, Chevy exclaimed: "I love you guys!". This should tell you exactly how big a shower of bastards the Delvers' Guild houses.

Posted Image

EDIT: Ptolus episode 5:

Posted Image

#2 Hafwit

Hafwit

Stirge

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

*applause!*

#3 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

ahahaha that is awsome

#4 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,242 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

Outstanding sir, truly outstanding. The group is gonna just love this. The words of praise are well received too.

A couple things:
-Amazingly, you've captured almost perfectly the style of font used on the very first YGG sign. Quite an exceptional feat of psychic prowess, I'll have to post a picture of the original so all can marvel.
-also, the squirrel-hawks are quite spot on to the picture I found and used as well. I will probably toss in that picture too when I'm at a PC instead of smart phone.
-Unfortunately there is only one potential inaccuracy with your depiction, however the very fact that you've depicted it may now change reality to match the illustration. Jerry Kryton, the blind oracle, is in fact a young lad of 16 or so. Now, no complaints from me about it, and in fact reality may change so that he looks like an old coot. Time, or more importantly, the next sessions, will tell.

One again, well done and amazing work. Thank-you. And thanks for the idea for a group name, with team doom, and team cripple already taken, I was at a loss as to how to refer to this group. :P

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hello hello, good people!

Scroll up to see the poster sketch for Ptolus episode 2. :D

-Amazingly, you've captured almost perfectly the style of font used on the very first YGG sign. Quite an exceptional feat of psychic prowess, I'll have to post a picture of the original so all can marvel.

Yup, just sitting here, polishing my magic 8-ball. ;) (Shh! I'm trying to lure Thing and Gilbert into the YGG forums :D)

-also, the squirrel-hawks are quite spot on to the picture I found and used as well. I will probably toss in that picture too when I'm at a PC instead of smart phone.

While you're at it, PLAY MORE PTOLUS! I'm jonesin', here. :)

-Unfortunately there is only one potential inaccuracy with your depiction, however the very fact that you've depicted it may now change reality to match the illustration. Jerry Kryton, the blind oracle, is in fact a young lad of 16 or so. Now, no complaints from me about it, and in fact reality may change so that he looks like an old coot. Time, or more importantly, the next sessions, will tell.

Whut? I thought he said 60! :oops: I guess all those hours of listening to Chris 'Long Tall Samoan' Texan's calls of "BEAR!!!" have taken their toll.

Since it was only his age you found fault with, shall take it as writ that Blindey really wears a sock on his head? ;) I also tried to portray him with his coat on backwards, but it didn't come across too clearly in the pictures, I'm afraid.

#6 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

you have out done your self yet again MR monkey and i see that you have chevy cobalt and and the gnome in blindy's shield that awsome cause that would be some thing that chevy and Gol'moth soo would so

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, I kinda figured you would. ;)

BTW, if anyone's confused by the various references to dwarves, gnomes and halflings in the party, my understanding is that the party houses a halfling cavalier (Chevy) and a dwarf alchemist (Gol'moth); however, Chevy persistently refers to Gol'moth as "gnome", presumably because of his scientific predilection. Oh, and Gol'moth managed to singe his own beard off, and since the name Balazaar is already taken, "Gnome" will have to do.

#8 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,242 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

Yeah, I kinda figured you would. ;)

BTW, if anyone's confused by the various references to dwarves, gnomes and halflings in the party, my understanding is that the party houses a halfling cavalier (Chevy) and a dwarf alchemist (Gol'moth); however, Chevy persistently refers to Gol'moth as "gnome", presumably because of his scientific predilection. Oh, and Gol'moth managed to singe his own beard off, and since the name Balazaar is already taken, "Gnome" will have to do.

A spot-on explanation of the situation good sir. And wow, I thought it was great to have just the one picture, but two now!? This is Amazing! Are we going to be lucky enough to get this for each session?

And I work to try and post these sessions to release as fast as possible, because I don't want to get as backlogged as I have with Dragon's Delve. With this group there's also a bit of scheduling stuff that more or less requires us to play bi-weekly, so it's a slower game.

I don't think anyone minds the old man portion of Jerry Kryton. The sock on the head and backwards robes is probably accurate. I'm pretty sure reality has changed to make it that he's 16 years of age, but just looks really old. :lol:

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

Before you scroll up to see the third Ptolus poster, be warned: it contains what can only be described as a hairless dwarf in pajamas. Proceed at your own peril.

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,242 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

For a second I was thinking to myself, "NSFW? The party hasen't gone into any strip clubs yet, I wonder what mr.monkey has drawn up now." I had forgotten about the dwarf's pajamas :P

Once again an amazing job sir pencil-monkey. You spoils us, you really do. Some more ptolus should be coming down the tubes soon for you to enjoy.

#11 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

lol damn you the man pm u have my shear hatered for the gnome down two a tee that is wicked my and my better half are very impressed of the work u have done ty much again sir

#12 Kleedrac

Kleedrac

Toad

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationYorkton, SK

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

lol damn you the man pm u have my shear hatered for the gnome down two a tee that is wicked my and my better half are very impressed of the work u have done ty much again sir

Just the sort of rudimentary english skills I'd expect from an alliance player ;)

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

Just the sort of rudimentary english skills I'd expect from an alliance player ;)

Ooh, BURN! Although, I must admit mr Eckhart, I'm uncertain as to whether you wanted to compliment me: "damn, you the man", or curse me to the pits of Tartaros ("damn you"). :( ;)

#14 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

lol alright looky here you two this is as good as its going to get i dont have to make complete sentences or proper grammar soo bite me lol and i was complimenting you pm nice job

#15 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,242 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

The poster for the first session is currently making a nice background for my phone.

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

The poster for the first session is currently making a nice background for my phone.

The original plan was that these poster pictures should be colored, to allow people to use them as desktop wallpapers and whatnot; however, I figured you might want to get to see them as quickly as possible, so the black-and-white versions got rushed to upload.

Stay tuned, my natural laziness my be overcome some day in a (hopefully) not too far future. ;)

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

The poster for episode 4 is getting redesigned to account for the latest research (who'da thunk Jerry was such a young whippersnapper?); meanwhile, here's the poster sketch for episode 5 (scroll up) for your viewing pleasure - audio available as Patron download now!

#18 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,242 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

Oh gawd :oops: :twisted:

Temporarily speechless. Response and thanks forthcoming after I've regained composure.

#19 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

Oh gawd :oops: :twisted:

Temporarily speechless. Response and thanks forthcoming after I've regained composure.

*Slap!* Pull yourself together, man! Do you have any idea what Gilbert would do to me if he finds out I've broken his favorite Huggy Canuck? 8O

#20 Dac127

Dac127

Toad

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

you have out done your self yet again mr monkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge